9/5/13

TNA Impact Review 9/5/13

Note: So after last week's ending of TNA Impact, I have decided to try to follow the logic of how TNA makes storylines. I say that because it is hard to see who is a face and who is a heel in TNA. AJ Styles is my pick to win BFG Series but he was suppose to be the anti-hero. However, with Angle out of action and other things, he became a face again. Also AJ tried to do a CM Punk like rant about TNA. Another example is Magnus, he's in Main Event Mafia now but was a heel and hated Samoa Joe. What the fuck is going on? Seeing that this was a taped show, I will pretend to ignore the results and watch this as it is. What's sad is TNA is doing the WWE schedule of taping shows and having live shows. Here's TNA Impact........

Match#1: Knux vs. Chris Sabin
Winner: Knux by DQ
(I don't know what was funnier: seeing that Knux can win a match or Chris Sabin carrying this match? This was not the best match to start the show but seeing Sabin in the ring was good enough for me. This was not a shitty match but the ending was shitty. So you mean to tell me that Sabin lost because he had the hammer? What the fuck?)

Match#2: Gaunlet Match for 20 pts in the BFG Series - Jay Bradley, Hernandez, Joseph Park, Mr. Anderson, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Kaz, Christopher Daniels, Jeff Hardy, Bobby Roode, Austin Aries, and Magnus.
Eliminated: Joseph Parks, Mr. Anderson, Hernandez, Jay Bradley, Samoa Joe, Jeff Hardy, Kaz, Magnus, Austin Aries, Bobby Roode, Daniels
Winner: AJ Styles - 20 pts.
(This was suppose to be a gauntlet match but it was basically a battle royal. That was the most confusing thing in this match. What was also confusing was the order and the way people were eliminated. It was like the ref or someone told them to speed up the match because at one point like five guys were eliminated in like seven minutes. The last two made me cry because it was the same two guys that basically founded TNA. Seeing AJ Styles win this made me right about picking him as my favorite. Then again, this is the old AJ not the loner AJ. )

Match#3: Gunner and James Storm vs. Aces & 8s (Bischoff and Briscoe)
Winners: Aces & 8s
(This was a clusterfuck match. This was announced but I think it was booked just to kill time. I watched this match and was lost in the shuffle. Plus what was funny is that Bischoff won this. Bullshit!!!!!)

Main Event: Sting vs. Bully Ray - Non Title Match
Winner: Sting
(Usually, I would bitch and moan about seeing matches like this for the billionth time. I am going to not do that because I see this was more of a setup for something else. I think it was good to see this but thank god this was not for the title. Also thank god that we got to see something change in Aces and Eights. Thank you TNA for the obvious curveball of seeing Anderson and Bully Ray at the PPV. )

Final Thoughts: Well I called that AJ Styles would get into the BFG Series. For once, I actually though of what the real bookers was going to do. What was funny was seeing this concept of having a gauntlet match to get the points. Also laughing my ass off with the whole Bully Ray/Mr. Anderson angle. So Bully Ray is drunk with power and pisses off the ranks of Aces and Eights. Then Mr Anderson becomes the voice of reason in the heel faction. What the fuck?!?!?!?! The rest of the show was mediocre at best because no X Division, No KO match, and too much bullshit. By the way, how did Sting get a shot of facing Sting? He can't get a title match or is TNA logic out the window. See you all for WWE Smackdown.



Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment