9/27/13

WWE Smackdown Review 9/27/13

Note: I know I tend to repeat myself when it comes to WWE programming and what they think is good for the fans. I think it is just frustrating at times to see how they treat WWE Raw but WWE Smackdown is basically the recap show for WWE Raw. I use to watch WWE Smackdown and think of it as a seperate entity. Right now, there is close to 10 hours of WWE programming and about 5 of it is original content. So as we watch WWE Smackdown, let's see if we see original content or recaps. One more thing: What's more important in WWE right now? Not the titles...Here's WWE Smackdown...

Opening Segment: Triple H opens the show and talks about what's best for business. The Miz interrupts him and he isn't happy about what's happened to him lately. The main event was set up as The Miz vs. Randy Orton.
(I am still a big fan of Triple H the wrestler and the COO of WWE. I love this whole storyline because he is the new face of the Corporation. Him and Steph does a better job with this because we knew this was coming. Even getting guys like The Miz and Big Show into this is better for their careers and also their TV time. The Miz should be getting heat but he is cheered for this. I was not bored by this and this was a good opening to the show.)

Match#1: Alberto Del Rio vs. R-Truth
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
(BORING...........BORING.......BORING!!!!!!!! So you mean we can't change titles on ADR but we get to see him wrestle first? Why? WTF! Plus it is time to make ADR job to others. This was a bullshit move on WWE to push this boring fucker down our throats. )

Match#2: The Real Americans (Antonio Cesaro and Jack Swagger) vs. The Prime Time Players (Titus O'Neil and Darren Young)
Winners: The Prime Time Players (Titus O'Neil and Darren Young)
(BORING...........BORING.......BORING!!!!!!!! Not because of the Prime Time Players but because the racist angle is boring. Moving on.....)

Match#3: Dolph Ziggler vs. Dean Ambrose - US Title Match
Winner:  Dolph Ziggler by DQ
(So we got all three members of The Shield, so Dolph brings down RVD and Kofi Kingston. This would have been a good match just to see because these men are main eventers to me. This was young talent at its best. What did we get instead? Bullshit because everyone got involved and the match was called. Triple H changes the match and we get something different. )

Match#4: The Shield vs. Kofi Kingston, Rob Van Dam and Dolph Ziggler
Winners: The Shield
(This was better to watch because we got to see all these men do things to keep the crowd interested. This was almost like watching the old WWF lightweight matches. I was entertained with this match because we got to see all these men make statements that WWE has good talent. This was especially nice to see because it is rare to see good matches on WWE Smackdown. )

Match#5: AJ Lee vs. Cameron
Winner: AJ Lee
(Well I was happy to see AJ Lee in action. Even though it was short because WWE cannot make a longer Divas match because it shows that they don't have a lot of real women wrestlers. I was happy with what I saw. Tamina is AJ Lee's bodyguard and it was weird to see her. She looks good but only because she might have had work on her. Thank you WWE for this slice of heaven. )

Match#6: Santino Marella vs. Heath Slater
Winners: Santino Marella
(Even though most people billed this as a tag match, I saw this as a singles match. Why? Well I saw Santino and Heath in the ring but the bullshit was out of the ring. So you mean to tell me that we have to see wrestlers do silly things? I mean I don't mind the Cobra but now we got people playing flutes as snake charmers. What the fuck? This was not boring but this was a comedic clusterfuck.)

Main Event: Randy Orton vs. The Miz
Winner: The Miz by DQ
Then reversed by Triple H and change it to a No DQ Match
Winner: Randy Orton
(So you mean to tell me that Triple H can change matches just to please people? I know the answer to the question but why did we see this match again. Also why did we have to see The Miz become a jobber? Watching this match was like watching the continuation of their match last Monday. As a fan, I want to know why all this is going on while Cena is out. So you mean to tell me that Cena changes the way both shows? Time to end this review.)


Final Thoughts: So as I watch this show, I kept asking if this show is different than watching WWE Raw. As you watch three hours of WWE Raw, you get some good and some bad. Even when you watch stuff like Superstars and Main Event, they still use it to promote clips of past WWE Raw or promote WWE Smackdown. However, tonight as with past shows, they used part of it to recap WWE Raw. As I do these reviews, sometimes it is easier to watch one show and go off that show. Tonight was no different but as a fan of wrestling, I push on with what I love to watch. See you all for WWE Raw.......







Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment