9/30/13

WWE Raw Review 9/30/13

Note: Well we start a new week of wrestling with a question: What will Triple H and Stephanie do to make things harder in the WWE? Before answering that, just note that as objective as I could be with the question, I like Triple H as a wrestler and also as a performer. Stephanie is not my cup of tea for a woman in wrestling but she does make up for the lack of skills. Basically WWE is making it hard to like the product but also love the changes in the product. With that said, let's watch WWE  Raw and hope for a better show.

Opening Segment: CM Punk talks about this Sunday and how he will take out Ryback and finally will take out Paul Heyman. He later says he wants to fight and demands a fight with Curtis Axel, Ryback or even Paul Heyman. Out comes Brad Maddox to calm him down. Then we see Big E. Langston and they fight.
(I will admit that I marked out to seeing CM Punk out in the ring and hyping the PPV. This was good for the opening because it is rare to see CM Punk start the show. Plus we all know that CM Punk is going to be back in the title picture before the end of the year. Loved how Big E. walked out of the mid card to challenge the main eventer. Brad Maddox was pointless in this whole thing. )

Match#1: CM Punk vs. Big E. Langston
Winner: CM Punk
(Well you want to hear something funny? This was a good match but not for CM Punk's actions. Big E. was brought up from NXT and into the main roster. He was doing well but after the mess with AJ Lee and Dolph Ziggler, he was either jobbing to guys or being put on the lower talked about shows of WWE. What kills me is that Big E. could be a good mid card title holder or even a WHC title holder if promoted right. This was a match that could have given him that exposure. I was watching this because CM Punk is a teacher and Big E. got schooled. Good match to start the show. This is what I mean by a good opening match. )

Match#2: Fandango vs. Kofi Kingston
Winner: Kofi Kingston
(All I got to say is that thank you Kofi for this match being good, quick and painless. I have said many times that Fandango is not going to be around and he is a joke. I loved that WWE is promoting YouTube like crazy because it needs people to watch their content there. Kofi can do some good with the company but as for this match, this was good for me. Please WWE, kill Fandango before the fans will.)

Match#3: Heath Slater and Jinder Mahal vs. Los Matadores
Winners: Los Matadores
(THIS WAS THE WORSE THING EVER SEEN ON WWE TV!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?!?!?! MY GOD THIS WAS BULLSHIT ON TOP OF BULLSHIT. I actually wanted 3MB to win this match just to shut up WWE. So you mean to tell me that WWE cannot let the guys and gals promote themselves like Zack Ryder did? I mean WWE does not own people but gimmicks. What kills me is that why is WWE making Hispanics into jokes like bull fighters and gang members. This was bullshit!!!!!!)

Match#4: R-Truth vs. Curtis Axel
Winner: R-Truth
(This was looking to be a boring match. It was a boring match because happy R-Truth is not fun for me. Curtis Axel is basically doing the same thing as most guys who have the IC title, bullshit with it. This was going to be a SSDD match but CM Punk made it all better. Love the psych out but CM Punk. Good job. )

Match#5: Alicia Fox vs. Brie Bella
Winner: Brie Bella
(This was when I changed channels and got something to eat. Why? I hate the Bellas. Why? Unlike women like Natalya, AJ Lee, Kaitlyn, or even Layla, the Bellas aren't the top dogs of the division. We all know that these bitches are in the top because of their boyfriends. Actually, Brie is going to marry Daniel Bryan. So we will never stop hearing about it. I think it is sad that WWE is promoting and using this to promote the divas show and this marriage. I didn't care about this match.)

Match#6: Zack Ryder vs. Alberto Del Rio
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
(I will talk about ADR in a minute. I want to speak of the rise and fall of Zack Ryder. The thing that I was laughing about is that Zack Ryder was in the main event for 15 seconds. He was the US champion. He was a jobber with a gimmick that got popular without WWE's help. When he got popular, WWE had to kill his joy because he went outside the box. So seeing him on Raw and Smackdown is better than seeing him on the lesser shows. Zack does need to leave WWE and join TNA. At least he will had a real title like X Division or if they bring it back, the TV title. ADR is boring. This was a good match but the ending was skewed.)

Match#7: The Shield vs. The Usos and Dolph Ziggler
Winners: The Shield
(Most of the people that loved The Shield was watching this match. Some people are starting to really hate them because the gimmick is old. I think it is good as it is now. Unlike The Nexus or The Corre, this needs to actually play out. Don't kill the momentum of this great gimmick. I was watching this match because of that but laughing because The Usos aren't going to get their title shot at the PPV. Also it is sad to see Dolph Ziggler go back to the mid card. Good match but could have been a bit longer. )

Match#8: Antonio Cesaro vs. Santino Marella
Winner: Santino Marella
(Santino: Arrive, Fight, Win Quickly, Leave...That was how this match was basically. I was happy to see that happen. Nothing else needs to be said because after last week's bullshit with the snake charmers, this was better than nothing. )

Main Event: Randy Orton and Daniel Bryan have a discussion before their match at the PPV. It turns into a fight. They fight all over the ring and RKO takes out Daniel Bryan with Brie Bella watching.
(So basically, we got to see them talk and we got to see them fight. RKO is back to how he was back in 2006-2009. This was good for me to see because it might make me buy the PPV. However with them pushing the marriage of Brie and Daniel, it might make me not want to watch this PPV. Either way, this is a filler PPV before Survivor Series. )

Final Thoughts: Well this was not a bad show but what kills me is the hype for this PPV was a lot better than last months PPV. So you mean to tell me that this new named PPV gets better coverage than a PPV that suppose to have all the titles defended? I mean Night of Champions was suppose to be a good PPV but Battleground is better. What the fuck? So we know that WWE is going to milk the whole angle with Brie Bella and Daniel Bryan with Randy Orton, why? Also explain to me why WWE is still doing gimmicks in this era of TV. All the kiddie gimmicks died as the Attitude Era rose up. So why WWE? I think WWE is trying to get rid of the older fans who still remember guys before their repackaging and updates. Basically WWE expects people to have a short term memory. I don't. Especially with the information age, it is easy to remember the past. So I guess WWE is trying to make the kids believe that change is good. Not in the WWE. So time to move on and forward. The PPV will be ok but then again SSDD in WWE. I loved all the stuff that was basically filler for the show. I didn't mention it because it will be mentioned on Smackdown. See you all for TNA Impact, where change is killing the company.





Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment