9/23/13

WWE Raw Review 9/23/13

Note: So we saw on WWE Smackdown that Vickie tried to punish those guys including Daniel Bryan by putting them into a match 3 on 1 vs The Shield or something like that. Vickie got punished and the match was stopped midway through the match. Ok, so what will really happen to these guys tonight? Also my thing is that if we see Big Show cry again, I think we should change channels just to avoid seeing it. Tonight, we will see WWE Raw in Chicago and that means we will see CM Punk home. I don't mind seeing Daniel Bryan and CM Punk more than John Cena. However, the fact that people still bitch because they want to want to see Cena and think CM Punk and Daniel Bryan is overrated. I am happy to see a Cena-less WWE but we all know that we need to enjoy it before he comes back. Hopefully, tonight will be a good show. Here's WWE Raw.

Match#1: Kofi Kingston vs. Alberto Del Rio
Winner: Kofi Kingston
(Usually when I see ADR on TV, I change the channel or go eat something. However, I like Kofi and wanted to see how crazy Kofi will get in this match. So I watched it just for that. So watching this, I was laughing at the fact that Kofi is still the happy go luck face that people love. Kofi is just as bad as Cena when it comes to being hated and loved at the same time. What is funny is that we can deal with Kofi but we hate Cena. As for ADR, well I think it is silly that he is trying his best to either match with RKO or be better at being a heel. ADR sucks period. This was a good match only because Kofi was all over the place. )

Match#2: Wyatt Family vs. Prime Time Players
Winners: Wyatt Family
(This was a tag team jobber match. I watched this with less interest than watching snails race. I want to like PTP but it is hard to support a tag team that glorifies something most black people aren't. We are not flashy and we don't act like we have to brag about shit. As for the Wyatt Family, well I love to be scared and freaked out but then again, swamp people and creepy white guys have been done before in WWE. This was not a good match but I didn't change channels. Also, it is getting lame at the end to see Bray Wyatt do is freaky mess, do the Sister Abilgail move and be creepy at the end. Really?)

Match#3: Randy Orton vs. Rob Van Dam - WWE Raw Interactive Match
Winner: Double Countout
(Well I was happy to see this match because last time they wrestled it was a classic match. This was not going to be the same match. I love the evil RKO. This is what we need to see. We don't need to see anymore guys act like Cena. We need balance. This was a match to showcase the evil that RKO can do. I loved every second of it. Sorry RVD but this was not your night.)

Match#4: Fandango vs. Santino Marella
Winner: Fandango
(After the above match, I decided to get something to eat. Why? I hate Fandango. I see him and either eat something or go do dishes or wash clothes. I avoid his matches like I avoid catching the flu. I wanted Santino to win but this is Vince's wet dream. So we will not see Santino win today. I need to start a clock to countdown when Fandango will end. I give him until middle of 2014 to get old and tired. )

Match#5: The Bella Twins, Naomi, Cameron and Natalya vs. AJ Lee, Aksana, Alicia Fox, Layla and Tamina Snuka
Winners: Total Divas cast.......
(People complain about how fast and short Divas matches are. This was so fucking quick that I barely had time to pay attention. AJ Lee went into Stephanie's office to bitch about this match and almost lost her title and her job. I loved how AJ Lee said to Steph that she was all in her personal space and Steph says WWE is her personal space. That was funny to see. So this was a quick match, so no time to FAP or even see a shot of any asses. I think WWE is really pissing on this Divas division.)

Main Event: The Shield vs. Prime Time Players, The Usos, Dolph Ziggler, Rob Van Dam, Kofi Kingston, Zack Ryder, Justin Gabriel, R-Truth and Daniel Bryan - 11 on 3 Handicap Elimination Match
Winners: Daniel Bryan, The Usos and Dolph Zigger
(On paper, this looked like a shitstorm with a side of clusterfuck. This is how most fights in Detroit are...lobsided. Watching this was funny because Zack Ryder and Justin Gabriel was in the main event and had tv time. Too bad this will be the last we will see of them on WWE Raw. My god, this was sad because The Shield assumed they would beat 11 guys. Well technically this was more of a 9 on 3 match. Like I said, Ryder and Gabriel don't count. I love that this was cool to see because this was a rare match. what is the important thing is that we see that Daniel Bryan is the face of WWE not Randy Orton.)

Final Thoughts: I did not mention how the opening segment went. I did that because it was a redo of what happened on Samckdown minus Vickie fucking things up. I did not mention Randy Orton trying to mack on the Bella twins. That segment made me literally sick. Seeing AJ Lee trying to weasel out of the divas tag match was cool but wasn't a big part of the show to me. However, the whole show was very short on matches and long on segments. Especially seeing CM Punk get his ass handed to him by Heyman's Guys. Basically, this could have been done on Smackdown. We might see this again on Smackdown. See you all for TNA Impact minus Mr. Anderson and Mickie James.








Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment