9/13/13

WWE Smackdown Review 9/13/13

Note: Well we are exactly three days from WWE Night of Champions PPV in Detroit. I have been bombarded with various meet and greets by both main eventers and jobbers in the area. What kills me was hearing Big Show trying to validate the hype of this PPV. Also, seeing Kofi Kingston doing meet and greets is funny because he is not going to be on the show. Most people on the internet feel this PPV was rushed and it pisses me off because this is in my hometown. WWE and Detroit should be up there with NYC and LA when it comes to memorable places for wrestling. I am so pissed that this PPV is for all the titles to be defended but the fucking IC title won't be. Also what's the point having titles if they won't be defeneded. Anyways, here's WWE Smackdown.

Opening Segment: Big Show comes out to apologize for what he did on WWE Raw. It was forced and he was rewarded by being told to go home for the night. He does not leave fast enough and The Shield comes out to take him out. Big Show puts on a good fight but was triple powerbombed by The Shield.
(Watching this does setup something for the PPV this weekend. I loved that we got to see The Shield get tossed around by Big Show. This was the first time in a while that Big Show was able to fight back. Also it was good to see something good to start off the show. )

Match#1: Alicia Fox, Aksana, and Layla vs. Brie Bella, Natalya, and Naomi
Winner: Brie Bella, Natalya, and Naomi by DQ
(The only good thing is that I got to see my favorite wrestler in the Divas division: AJ Lee. She is selling the hell out of the whole hatred for the Total Divas bullshit. Not only that but getting all the heels together to make her case known. Kaitlyn was missing in this and also it is funny that since the divas reality show all their storylines was changed quick. This match was bullshit. However, when AJ Lee got in the ring then it served its purpose for the PPV.)

Match#2: Santino Marella vs. Damien Sandow
Winner: Santino Marella
(I missed Santino. I think it is time for Santino to get a title shot. IC or US title is open to him. Seeing that he is still a good mid card wrestler. As for Damien Sandow, he is going to either cash in his MITB contract at the PPV or he will do it before the end of the year. )

Match#3: Alberto Del Rio vs. Ricardo Rodriguez
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
(I think this was a waste of time. Why? We all know that most people think that ADR is going lose Sunday but I think not. Plus this whole thing with RVD, RR and ADR is not exciting but it is better than nothing or worse than nothing. I actually was happy to have changed channels in the middle of the match. )

Match#4: Dean Ambrose vs. Dolph Ziggler
Winner: Dolph Ziggler by DQ
(This was actually a good match because it showcased two great mid card wrestlers that should be in the main event. Dolph should not be jobbing to people because of whatever he did backstage. Ambrose should be main eventing shows and PPVs. My god, if this ended clean then I would have said this could have been a match of the year candidate. )

Match#5: The Shield beats The Usos and Dolph Ziggler
Winners: The Shield
(Teddy Long was crying because he did not get to make this happen. Typical Shield match. I am still impressed but it is only because I know The Shield will basically run wild during the PPV this weekend. )

Main Event - The Cutting Edge: Edge gets a huge pop and a 'thank you Edge' chant. Biggest pop of the night. Edge tells Christian to tear The Shield apart when he comes back. Orton comes out to some heat. Bryan gets a huge pop and lots of 'YES' chants. Edge asks Orton how it feels to be a sell out. Orton says Edge is jealous Orton is 10 time champion and Edge is just a talk show host. Edge says Orton forgets he's an 11 time champ. Edge says he knows what's best for business and the fans erupt with a 'yes' chant. Bryan said his dream was never to be the face of a corporation, but to hold the WWE title. Bryan says he'll beat Orton at Night of Champions. Orton cheap shots Bryan and the fans chant 'spear' but Bryan gets the upper hand and Edge leaves. Bryan makes Orton tap out and the fans erupt in 'you tapped out' chants. Orton leaves and Bryan stands tall with the fans chanting 'yes' to close.
(I saw this on WWE Raw. I know why they did this at the end of the show. Edge is on the Syfy show Haven which is on after Smackdown. Seeing Edge again is good and thank god he has not changed. He's just mellow. I did not care for this segment but I know what's going to happen at the PPV this weekend. Time to end this..........)

Final Thoughts: Well I will be at Night of Champions PPV in Detroit this weekend. I am excited that I get to see a PPV in Detroit. I saw a WWE Raw in Detroit. I saw a WWE Smackdown in Detroit. Now this, which is the trifecta of WWE events. This weekend is going to be interesting because this PPV is not looking good on paper and also visually. I know that WWE tries to keep the scripts for all shows and PPVs in check but this was a sign that people are more aware of what's going on. That might have sounded crazy but watch the PPV and see if I am right or not. See you all for Night of Champions PPV and WWE Raw.










Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment