9/17/13

WWE Raw Review 9/16/13

Note: Well it is after the PPV. Unlike the show after the PPVs, this feels like there is no real hype to it. I guess it is weird to say that the PPV sucked and this show might be the same thing as well. Also what is funny is that if I had the cash, I would have followed WWE to Cleveland. However, I am glad because most people were telling me that it would be a pointless trip. As for tonight, well I know someone will get fired for Daniel Bryan being fired and also we will see some more dumb shit just to embarass the Rhodes family. Here's WWE Raw..........

Match#1: Dolph Ziggler vs. Dean Ambrose
Winner:  Dolph Ziggler
(Even though this was a rematch, this was something worth seeing again. I only say that because it is going to be interesting to see if Ziggler can making back to the main event. I find it hard to see him in the mid card because it is not where he is suppose to be. Ziggler should still be WHC not a mid card jobber. As for Ambrose, he is a good wrestler. I see what WWE wanted from him. He does his job, puts on a good match and moves on. Good match for the most part.)

Match#2: Fandango vs. R-Truth
Winner:  Fandango
(SSDD from WWE. Most people are up this man's ass but I hate the fact that this is a shitty gimmick from Vince. I don't like him as a character, don't like the way people assume he is a good wrestler, and why is he wasting Summer Rae? She needs to get trained to wrestle and challenge AJ Lee. No comment on R-Truth. What's sad is that he was better as a heel because at least he was being himself.)

Match#3: Brie Bella, Naomi and Cameron vs. Alicia Fox, Layla and Aksana
Winners: Brie Bella, Naomi and Cameron
(What I am about to say is going to be deemed as perverted and sexist but this is what I saw while this match was going on. This was basically a huge wet dream for all men that watch WWE. All I could see was ass and tits. No real wrestling. Plus why is Brie Bella a face? I know her sister is out for a while but shouldn't this be changed a bit. All I could see is six women flopping around. AJ Lee was out with the announcers along side Nattie. Those women can wrestle. So this is what the division is reduced to? Reality TV stars vs. Real wrestling? What the fuck?)

Match#4: Damien Sandow vs. Rob Van Dam
Winner:  Rob Van Dam
(Well my comment about this match is summed up like this: Meh. I wish I could say more but meh. RVD is doing more wrestling and is on TV more but meh. Damien Sandow will be WHC soon but right now he is playing around. Moving on.......)

Match#5: Randy Orton vs. The Miz
Winner:  No Contest
(Well we know that Miz will be heel soon. After this ass whooping, I would have just quit. So RKO comes out and goes HAM on Miz right in front of his family. This was like watching a man beat a mule. I think the old sadistic RKO is back. This was basically a ass beating. )

Match#6: Tensai and Brodus Clay vs. Jack Swagger and Antonio Cesaro vs. The Usos - Tag Team Elimination Match
Winners: The Usos - #1 Contenders for the Tag Titles
(SSDD again. Why am I not surpried to see that? I have nothing against The Usos but are we going from Primetime Player back to The Usos and back. WWE is trying to have a tag team division but is stuck in a rut. I actually went to get food and came back to see The Usos win this. That's how boring this match was.)

Main Event: Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan
Winner: Daniel Bryan by DQ

After The Main Event: Daniel Bryan immediately applies the Yes Lock on Orton but The Shield makes the save. Orton and The Shield beat down Bryan. Orton grabs a steel chair and puts Bryan's head in it like he did The Miz earlier. The Usos, Kofi Kingston, Dolph Ziggler, Rob Van Dam, Titus O'Neil, Darren Young and other WWE Superstars run out for the save. Reigns spears Kofi and goes to work on other stars. The Usos hit a double kick on Reigns, sending him to the floor. RVD takes out another member with a kick. Rollins is the only one left and he takes the big knee from Bryan. Bryan, the Superstars who made the save and the fans all chant "yes!" as Orton and The Shield retreat. Young and O'Neil hoist Bryan up on their shoulders as we go to replays. RAW goes off the air with everyone chanting "yes!" with Bryan.
(Well the only good thing was that the locker room finally decided to aid Bryan. That's the only thing good about this match. This was SSDD from WWE. So why was this match setup? Why was RKO suppose to face Miz? This was just a bad main event and even a worse ending to the show. Time to end this review. )

Final Thoughts: Well I know I did not talk about the opening segment. That's because I figured people would share my assumption about who would get fired in regard with the title match at the PPV. Daniel Bryan being stripped of the title was also something I though of before watching the show and was right about. I was shocked that Randy Orton did not get the title either. That's new and original. Seeing Randy Orton take out Miz and also Daniel Bryan reminds me of the old scary RKO that was taking people out each night. I didn't care about seeing Ryback being the saviour of Heyman. That put me to sleep. The whole show felt like it was rushed and also it lacked purpose. Maybe it was just me. See you all for TNA Impact. At least this show will have a better feel to it.







Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment