3/9/14

TNA Lockdown 2014 Review 3/9/14

Note: As I get ready for the first real PPV from TNA of 2014, I want to try to be positive about watching TNA shows. It is hard to be positive as a fan of TNA. You have finally got rid of what fans hated about TNA. No more Hogan, he's back in WWE. No more Sting, he is close to being in WWE. Most of the guys that were in WWE is gone. I mean there is no Jeff Jarrett and no more stability. So what is there to watch for this PPV? I mean unless things have changed, there is only five matches in this PPV. At least WWE will have a pre show and maybe six or seven matches for a PPV. Time to watch TNA Lockdown and hope for something better with this promotion.

Match#1: Kazarian, Daniels and Chris Sabin vs. The Great Muta, Sanada and Yasu
Winners: Sanada, Yasu and The Great Muta
(Will someone explain what I just saw. This was not an opening match for TNA. This was a NJPW match with TNA guys. All the action in and out the ring was so fast that I had to watch this in slow motion. I bitched about the lack of action in TNA but this was overkill. I mean this was so good that I was speechless. So moving on...)

Match#2: Samuel Shaw vs. Mr. Anderson
Winner: Samuel Shaw
(I don't know why I watched this match, this was going to be boring in a sense. Anderson is basically saving Christy Hemme from Samuel Shaw. This was last minute and thank god we did not see a run in with Bully Ray or someone else. This was quick and boring to a point. This is not over.)

Match#3: Manik vs. Tigre Uno
Winner: Tigre Uno
(I will admit that this match was fucking awesome. Add in Chris Sabin and this could have been a fucking X Division Title Match. I love this match because TNA does need that do something with the division and also do something with all the missed talent. This was so fucking awesome that I would love to see this shit on TV or at another PPV. )

Match#4: Gunner vs. James Storm - Last Man Standing Match
Winner: Gunner
(Typical match with two former partners. Good solid action and this could be a possible #1 contenders match. I almost though this match was going to be boring but it was very well done. This storyline was not rushed and had a long standing build up for months. So well done TNA and hope to see this match again soon. )

Match#5: Gail Kim vs. Madison Rayne - KO Title Match
Winner: Madison Rayne
(I think it is time for me to stop caring about the KO division. I have said many times before that Madison Rayne cannot really wrestle and that Gail Kim could just stay the KO champ until someone else comes that could wrestle. ODB is one person I would admit could do more as champ than Madison Rayne. So basically this will be my last KO match until the title changes.)

Match#6: Samoa Joe vs. Magnus - TNA World Heavyweight Title Match
Winner: Magnus
(This was no surprise for me. We all know that Magnus is the man and no one will beat him any time soon. I actually thought that we were going to see something different but then again, it is a good thing that Magnus beat Samoa Joe for now. At least this makes Magnus not a paper champion. Time to end the show...)

Main Event: Team MVP (MVP, Jeff Hardy and The Wolves) vs. Team Dixie (Bobby Roode, Austin Aries and Bro Mans) - Lethal Lockdown for Control of TNA
Winners: Team MVP
(Well the good news is that Dixie Carter is going to be done on TV, I hope. Also good that we got to see something different to a point. I think it is time for TNA to go in a different direction. Time to get Dixie off TV and time to let the wrestlers be the focus of the show. Also I think it is good that MVP's team won because this is one of those rare times that a former WWE star can actually make a differenece in another promotion. So the good guys won the battle but the fight will continue. )

Final Thoughts: I am very confused with TNA. I mean watching this made me have so many questions than answers. I mean it is nice to see guys like Bobby Lashley, the guys from Japan, and even a so called face turn of Bully Ray. I am not a big fan of TNA but I am trying to understand what is new and fresh and what is just bullshit booking. Basically, it is a patch to make fans watch TNA. I don't know how long will this work but for tonight, we did see something new and fresh. Thank you TNA for ending the Dixieland bullshit. Also happy to see something good from the Japanese invasion and Bobby Lashley. Maybe we will see some good from TNA to come. See you all for WWE Raw and let's hope WWE can do something to make Wrestlemania more watchable.





Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment