3/24/14

WWE Raw Review 3/24/14

Note: Well it is a new week in wrestling. Last week for me was not my best week to review what was going on. Also it was not my best week to keep up. Reminds me of when I started this blog reviews. As much as I am a fan of pro wrestling, I keep reminding myself that WWE is not pro wrestling anymore and TNA is trying to be good. So basically, this is the countdown to WWE Wrestlemania 30 and also the beginning the next cycle for WWE. Here we go with WWE Raw.

Match#1: Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Sheamus - #1 Contender for the WWE IC Title
Winner: Christian - #1 Contender for the WWE IC Title
(As I was watching this match, this was basicallly a throwaway match. Why would I say this? It is because all these guys were either WWE or World Heavyweight Champs. The sad thing is that two of these guys are going to leave in the summer. I was actually hoping for Dolph to see a good match but Christian winning is sad because unlike Edge, his career is basically because of Edge speaking up. This was a good match but it was sad to watch.)

Match#2: Sin Cara vs. Damien Sandow
Winner: Sin Cara
(I cannot believe I just saw a shitty match. I have to move on just to forget this shit.)

Match#3: Ryback and Curtis Axel vs. Los Matadores
Winners: Los Matadores
(The Shield surrounds the ring with Ryback and Axel inside. Roman Reigns pulls Axel to the floor while Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose beat Ryback down. Reigns tosses Axel into the barrier. Reigns enters the ring and nails a huge spear on Ryback. They lift him up and drop him with the triple powerbomb. This would have been a better match but what happened after the match was better. )

Match#4: Fandango vs. Cody Rhodes
Winner: Cody Rhodes
(As I was watching this match, I basically though if Cody lost this match, I would have quit watching WWE. Thank you Cody for showing that you have skills and also showing that you are going to be a main eventer soon. )

Match#5: Titus O'Neil vs. Big Show
Winner: Big Show
(This was sad to watch because we all know Big Show could have hurt O'Neil. Why? It is because Big Show has nothing left to prove. He is a triple crown winner. He basically is just there to KO jobbers. O'Neil is a large jobber with no gimmick. Moving on...)

Match#6: Luke Harper vs. John Cena
Winner: No Contest
(I was happy to see this end with a no contest and also see Bray Wyatt fuck with Cena. I actually think it was best for business to see Cena lose this fight. Everyone knows I hate Cena with a passion. I am fucking happy that Cena is not in the main event for Wrestlemania. Thank you WWE for that. )

Match#7: Naomi vs. AJ Lee
Winner: Naomi by Count Out
(I love AJ Lee. I love seeing a woman who can wrestle in WWE. However, her time as champ is about to be over. Why? It is because WWE is ready to have one of their skinny bitches be champ and let AJ Lee be a jobber to the Total Divas bitches. If you can't tell, I am referring to those girls that I am not mentioning. This was basically a setup for a clusterfuck with the Divas title at Wrestlemania. )

Main Event: Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose vs. Jack Swagger and Cesaro
Winners: Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose
(In my opinion, this was a good main event. This just proves that WWE is trying to let go of the past and showcase their talent more. No one notice that Orton, Batista, or even Daniel Bryan ended the show. This is the time for both these teams to shine. This was a match I would vote for as match of the year. Time to end this review. )

Final Thoughts: If you are new to reading this, just know why I did not mention the confrontation with Brock Lesnar and Undertaker. It is because I don't mention non matches unless it is in the show. This was a fight basically. Plus it is WWE trying to hype the PPV. As for this show, basically we got some good wrestling but we keep getting reminded of the past of WWE. Brock and Taker is an example. Another example was New Age Outlaws and Kane teaming up. The past is repeated weekly in WWE. The show was good but as a fan, I am getting tired of SSDD and being remined of stats and facts that aren't true. See you all for TNA Impact and WWE NXT.





Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment