3/7/14

WWE Smackdown Special Review 3/7/14

Note: These matches were taped Tuesday in my hometown of Detroit, MI. Usually I will just talk about Smackdown but they had a live Main Event show on the WWE Network. So this is going to be an interesting review. I decided to wait until Friday to do the full review of both these shows. This is also interesting because I left before the main event of Smackdown. So I had to ask a friend that was there to give me the main event. So here is WWE Main Event and WWE Smackdown from Detroit MI...

Live WWE Main Event Results - Detroit MI

Match#1: Kane vs. Daniel Bryan
Winner: Daniel Bryan
(This was the first match on Main Event, this just pissed me off. How are you going to start the show with this match? I actually told someone in my row that this was bullshit. However, the guy said to me that this will keep people in their seats. To be honest, it was half full when they started this part of the show. As for this match, they can have good matches. This was a letdown in my opinion. However, this was not the last time we will see Kane and Daniel Bryan face each other. )

Match#2: Nikki Bella vs. Alicia Fox
Winner: Nikki Bella
(I left to go get food and drinks. I am sorry but not going to see another Bella match. I will just move on because this was not interesting to me. )

Main Event: WWE Tag Team Title Match: The New Age Outlaws vs. The Usos
            WWE Tag Team Title Match: Los Matadores vs. The Usos
Winners: The Usos
(Ok when I saw this occurring, I was not happy to see the New Age Outlaws back out of this match but the kids were happy to see the new ethnic tag team stereotypes. I will admit this was a good match because it was not a typical short tag team match. I like the Usos and hope they can be the core to a better tag team division in the WWE. This was a good live part of the show, time for Smackdown...)

WWE Smackdown - Detroit MI 3/7/14

Match#1: Christian vs. Dolph Ziggler
Winner: Christian
(I was hoping to see a better showing with these men but this was basically a setup for both Sheamus/Christian and ADR/Ziggler. The match was so so but the action at the end and afterwards was better. Moving on...)

Match#2: The Usos vs. Curtis Axel and Ryback
Winners: The Usos
(The Usos were great in this match. It was just sad to watch them carry the match with Ryback and Axel. I was actually falling asleep in the arena. I just think Ryback needs to be a single wrestler and Axel get some training again. I know it was a bad match when some of the fans wanted to chant boring but started chanting something else.)

Match#3: Eva Marie and Natalya vs. AJ Lee and Tamina Snuka
Winners: Eva Marie and Natalya
(Typical divas match. I got to see my dream woman - AJ Lee. This was typical hype for the Divas reality show. I laughed and zoned off. I like Nattie but Eva Marie is not that hot and comes off as a dumb blonde. I will admit that the seats I had made these women look small but poor AJ Lee look like a midget compared to the other three it was three giants and a midget.)

Match#4: Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio
Winner: Sheamus
(I am not tired of their matches together. I am tired that most people don't give them credit for trying to put on good matches for the fans. This was good seeing it live. However, the crowd was chanting RVD at the end of the match, so basically this match was lost on most of us. To me, this was a treat but miss their matches for the WHC title and the #1 contender for the WHC title and WWE title. Moving on...)

Match#5: Big E vs. Jack Swagger
Winner: Big E
(I will admit that I was in the bathroom during this match. Someone told me that it was the same thing we saw on WWE Raw. I will admit that what I said during WWE Raw does hold some merit in what could be an interesting way to have a killer match for the IC title. Moving on to the end of the show. )

Main Event: Batista and Kane vs. Big Show and Daniel Bryan
Winners: Daniel Bryan and Big Show
(I left before anyone came out. However, seeing it on TV was not better because I bet the place was louder than the taped version of this match. This was basically a good main event but with some consequences for both Daniel Bryan and Big Show for WWE Raw. I will also admit that I wanted to stay for the dark main event but had to get back home before traffic got heavy. )

Final Thoughts: I spend close to five hours watching two shows. I am not bitching about that but I am bitching about the fact that WWE live is a lot better than WWE taped. I cannot wait for the WWE Raw show in Detroit or a PPV. Both shows live was better than seeing it on TV. I am mad that my camera died on me during the end and the pics I did get aren't clear. So hopefully next time I am ready to have pics and also more. This was not a good as the Smackdown show last year but it was not bad as the house show over the holidays. Wrestlemania 30 is going to be interesting but we need more matches. See you all for WWE Raw.




Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment