3/17/14

WWE Raw Review 3/17/14

Note: This is suppose to be the best drinking holiday of the year. This is St. Patrick's Day. You suppose to wear green and think lucky thoughts. So why do I feel like this show is not going to be lucky. I want to believe in the WWE programming I love but this is not the one I love but the one I barely watch. I know this is a review but tonight feels like this is going to be another SSDD show. Here we go with WWE Raw...

Match#1: The Usos vs. Real Americans
Winners: Real Americans
(I actually liked that this was the first match. Only because I think it is fitting that a title no one really cares about is showcased. I know people do care about the tag team titles but it seems like the only title that has worth is the main title. This was a predictable match. I would loved to have seen the champs win but this is setting up something. I do love the Usos as champs but think we will see them be champs until Wrestlemania. As for Real Americans, it is time to let Cesaro be a singles wrestler and go for the main event and title. As for Swagger, maybe he should leave WWE and go to TNA. At least there he could gain more mic time. )

Match#2: Sheamus vs. Titus O'Neil
Winner: Sheamus
(This was the joke match for the holiday. We know that Sheamus is a real irishman. So this was basically a show for the kids. I felt sorry for Titus because he is basically jobbing on WWE Raw while Darren Young is barely on TV. We all know how this match was going to end. So moving on...)

Match#3: Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton
Winner: Daniel Bryan
(I'm not part of the IWC. So basically, I think it is good for RKO and Batista to show that they can allow someone to get over on them. Daniel Bryan is going to be champion and will be a better face for the WWE than RKO or Batista. Plus this is why I support DBry. I am not a part of the Yes movement. I like seeing guys who can wrestle and is not part of the past show why they are good. )

Match#4: Fandango vs. Goldust
Winner: Goldust
(I loved this match because this was to show people that Goldust can wrestle and can be more than a partner for his brother. Also it should be said that I was happy to see anyone beat Fandango. So basically this was a win for me watching it. So thank you Goldust. )

Match#5: AJ Lee and Tamina vs. Cameron and Naomi
Winners: Cameron and Naomi
(Ok, this is the first divas match I have to go into some details on. First, Naomi had a eye patch on because Aksana fucked up her eye botching a move. So you just got proof that someone needs to train these women who cannot wrestle ASAP. So Naomi is wrestling with one eye. Second of all, this is another total divas vs. non total divas match. I was happy it was not the Bellas. However, the similarities with AJ Lee and Tamina fighting each other is like Gail Kim fighting Lei'd Tapa. So moving on...)

Match#6: Big Show, Big E., Dolph Ziggler and Mark Henry vs. Ryback, Curtis Axel, Damien Sandow and Alberto Del Rio
Winners: Big Show, Big E., Dolph Ziggler and Mark Henry
(This was a clusterfuck. This was a clusterfuck.  This was a clusterfuck.  This was a clusterfuck.  This was a clusterfuck.  This was a clusterfuck.  This was a clusterfuck.  This was a clusterfuck.  This was a clusterfuck.  This was a clusterfuck. Moving on...)

Match#7: Kofi Kingston vs. Bray Wyatt
Winner: Bray Wyatt
(Yawn, SSDD. I feel sorry for Kofi being a jobber with a gimmick and sorry for people that assumed Kofi would win. This was boring because it was so fucking predictable. So time to end the show with a confrontation. )

Main Event: Daniel Bryan and Triple H Confrontation
(If you are younger than 20 years old then you will not get what's about to be said. This was basically how Triple H buries people in the WWE. We have seen this with The Rock, Steve Austin, HBK, and countless others. This was very much a flashback to the attitude era. This is why people who want the attitude era back is going to be disappointed because WWE will recycle some storylines from that era of WWE. So basically, this was a beat down of DBry and the Yes movement.  )

Final Thoughts: If you are a gamer, then you could come up with creative matches for WWE Raw. A kid who have a vivid imagination could book a better WWE Raw. I am not saying this was a bad show but this was somewhat predictable. The main event is basically something we use to see from the attitude era. Most of the matches were jokes and the backstage segments are getting to be used as bathroom breaks. I keep hoping that the closer we get to Wrestlemania 30 we will see something good. Also it should be said that I am getting tired of the WWE Network or the WWE App. See you all for TNA Impact and also WWE NXT.






Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment