3/31/14

WWE Raw Review 3/31/14

Note: We are on the road to Wrestlemania. However we are in the final week of the best PPV in wrestling history. On WWE TV we will see basically the hype that comes with WWE Wrestlemania. Also we will be seeing what hopefully be the best shows for WWE to showcase the PPV. We got the hype for the WWE Network but now we get the main reason to watch WWE Raw, WWE Smackdown, and even shows like WWE Main Event and WWE NXT...WWE Wrestlemania 30. So here we go with WWE Raw.

Match#1: ADR vs. Big E.
Winner: ADR
(I don't understand why Big E. is not defending the IC title at the PPV. I don't understand why ADR is being a jobber with a gimmick. This was a good match but it is sad that these men can do better. We all know that Big E is better as a singles wrestler. ADR is good in the ring but shitty speaking. Especially in a WWE ring. Good match but was wasted being first. )

Match#2: Summer Rae vs. Natalya
Winner: Summer Rae
(Here we go with matches and feuds being set up by that bullshit divas show on E!. So now we got a good wrestler facing a shitty one. Even though Summer Rae can wrestle in NXT but in the main roster she is basically a dumb blonde. Even though she won, she is close to being the next Kelly Kelly. Moving on...)

Match#3: The Usos and Los Matadores vs. Real Americans, Curtis Axel and Ryback
Winners: The Usos and Los Matadores
(This match is setting up the huge pre-show match at Wrestlemania. I will admit that at least the tag titles will be defended and this could lead to something better in the tag team division. Usually, I would bash matches like this but I think it is time to have some faith in WWE with this division. )

Match#4: Cody Rhodes and Goldust vs. Damien Sandow and Fandango
Winners: Cody Rhodes and Goldust
(This was a good match. I think it is hard for me to see Sandow go from title contention to mid level in such a short time. Also seeing Fandango still makes me hate the character. It is sad to see a good wrestler stuck in mid card gimmick. There are no complaints about Cody and Goldie. Even though I still would love to see these brothers have either a WM match or even a SummerSlam match. )

Match#5: R-Truth vs. Bray Wyatt
Winner: Bray Wyatt
(Bray is gearing up for his match with Cena. I think he could have faced someone more popular even though he faced Kofi many times. This was not a boring match but this was close to being SSDD for me. I will admit that Wyatt does have a good move set that is easy to see. Moving on...)

Match#6: AJ Lee vs. Naomi - Lumberjill Match
Winner: Naomi
(I like AJ Lee. I think WWE is running out of matches for her to have with the Divas title. I think the match at WM will prove that they had to throw together something for the division and also make more hype for the bullshit show on E! AJ Lee isn't on that show. This match basically also shows that there aren't a lot of women in the main roster but NXT have more.)

Match#7: Roman Reign vs. Kane - WWE App Match
Winner: Roman Reign by DQ
(This is another match that sets up a match for WM. This could have been a good match as it was but I think this will hype the Shield vs. NAO and Kane. One thing that bothers me is that this is another old vs. new match. I rarely like those matches. )

Main Event: Randy Orton vs. Batista - No DQ Match
Winner: No Contest
(Daniel Bryan attacks Triple H. Then it becomes a brawl. We basically wasted a good match but no one wanted to see this match. I am glad to see Daniel Bryan back before the PPV. I wish we could have gotten more before the brawl but then again, WWE is know for hyping PPVs with less. Time to end this review.)

Final Thoughts: As a whole, this show was more so a hype monster to Wrestlemania 30. Most of the matches did or didn't do their jobs with that aspect. I will admit that I am getting to the point of wondering why watch all the the shows between after Royal Rumble to Wrestlemania. Growing up, I loved the hype of seeing all the stars getting ready for this big PPV. However, as an adult, it is hard to be excited to watch Wrestlemania except for any match with the Undertaker. See you all for TNA Impact.







Gene The Grappler


No comments:

Post a Comment