2/20/12

Fans and Friends of Gene The Grappler....


Dear Fans and Friends of Gene The Grappler:


As I have been doing these reviews of WWE and TNA programming, I came to the realization that I am excluding some shows. Mainly it is the C and D shows of WWE. Thank god TNA does not have any other shows because if they did, I might have to become an alcoholic. The shows I am refering to are WWE Superstars and WWE NXT. It has come to my attention that NXT is set up like WWE Raw and WWE Smackdown. NXT has a GM of sorts and uses the developmental talent of the WWE. WWE Superstars features the low level mid card talent. If you read my blog about mid card hell, then you know this is something of a weird area I don't want to go. The reason for this blog is to explain why should I spend time reviewing NXT and Superstars. I will keep this short and sweet because the sheer though of this subject scares me.


1.) What do I gain by reviewing Superstars and NXT?: If you read my blogs/reviews of WWE and TNA, you see that if I like something then I will talk about it and if I hate it, I go ape shit. So what do I gain from tell you all what's going on with Superstars and NXT? Would you all like for me to go uber ape shit about the sheer nonsense of these shows?

2.) Would you all want to see me talk about these shows? I started these wrestling blogs to vent my opinion of wrestling related shows. Notice, I say wrestling shows because UFC/MMA is cut and dry. Wrestling is not. NXT and Superstars are wrestling shows even though one is basically a review of the week's events and the other is basically a rookie show. So would you like for me to talk about these shows even though I have to write about the madness of WWE and TNA?

3.) Could I be objective in reviwing these shows? WWE Raw and Smackdown alone takes four hours to not only watch but the insanity of those shows alone takes longer to write. TNA is two hours that seem like three long hours because of the breaks and also the shitty backstage stuff. So could I be objective? Not really because I am trying not to seem like an ass or a bastard while watching wrestling but since most of these shows make me want to chuck my TV out the window, I think I could.



I know I am still starting out with this but I hope someone or several people will let me know what to do. If not, then I will do what's best for this blog site. Also, please bear in mind that if you think I am bad with three shows, I might be worse with five shows. If TNA ever does a second show, then I might have to check into a hospital and bounce off the fucking walls. So hopefully, I get some feedback into expanding or shrinking Gene The Grappler Blogs.










Gene The Grappler

4 comments:

  1. Umm...TNA does do a second show Xplosion? But I wouldn't blame you if you didn't know that because the show is so drowned in darkness

    1)You actually get to see and enjoy wrestlers before they get fired and fed to the ego of some people who shall remain nameless

    2)No since nothing interesting happens on those shows apart from good matches GOD FORBID!

    3)TNA is not drink inducing:It's a good excuse to start a drug addiction:"I want to become a drug addicted moron.What time is Impact Wrestling on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank god I don't watch that. I can sense your hatred for TNA. I am trying to break mines.

      Delete
    2. You would be wrong to assume I hate TNA. And no I am not a drug addict so that isn't my reasons for watching and liking it

      Delete
    3. I did not fully read the comments. My apologies.

      Delete