2/17/12

TNA Impact Review 2/16/12


TNA Impact 2/16/12

Note: This is the Impact after Against All Odds PPV. So many things happened during the PPV but no questions were answered. We still have Roode as Champ. Sting messed up. Jeff Hardy was a dumb target. Other things happened but this should answer them and move them on to the next PPV. So this is going to be an interesting Impact. Here we go.....

Opening Segment: World Champion Bobby Roode opens the show and has Christy Hemme re-introduce himself. Roode brags about Against All Odds until Sting comes out. Sting announces Roode vs. Jeff Hardy with the title on the line tonight. It will be No Time Limit and No DQ.
(So people wasted their money on the PPV to see this match again. WTF! I know they don't expect people to waste the money to see this match again on cable TV. I kinda feel like shit for sitting through this PPV just to see this match on TV.)

Match#1: TNA Championship Match - Bobby Roode vs. Jeff Hardy
Winner: Bobby Roode
(I hear they had to retape this match because they did not like the way it ended the first time. Why? Also why is Angle in this storyline? What is going on with TNA? This is a recipe for a huge clusterfuck.)

Match#2: Zema Ion and Austin Aries vs. Alex Shelley and Shannon Moore
Winners: Zema and Aries
(I love X Division matches. So much actions but could be better. I know for a fact this match could have been better. Seeing Alex Shelley and Shannon Moore makes me remember those cruiserweight matches in WWE. Also the new kids are getting better with time. )

Match#3: #1 Contender for the TNA Championship - James Storm vs. Bully Ray
Winner: James Storm
(Ray attacked Storm after the match until New York Giant Brandon Jacobs got in Ray's face. Ray spat beer on him. Jacobs shoved Ray to the mat and agents had to come out and separate them. So why is a football star getting involved here? The man just helped his team to get a super bowl ring. Now he's messing with TNA wrestlers. Also why is Bully Ray considered to be a #1 contender? James Storm is a definate contender but not Bully Ray. I am not tired of seeing Storm and Roode but I hope they can get more people in the title hunt.)


Match#4: 10 Knockout Over The Top Battle Royal
Winner: Madison Rayne
(I hate Madison Rayne. I don't like TNA Gail Kim. This was a female clusterfuck. This was kind of boring to me.)


Final Thoughts: Most of this Impact was repetition in action. I might have left out some things but only because I got so bored that I went to do something else. So if I did forget anything, let me know. Also I am trying to be a fan of TNA but it is hard to be a fan when you see the same shit every week. So if Russo is gone, then why are we getting the same shit just different Thursday nights? I hope Smackdown is better and I hope next week, I will see something change in this. Why does NXT look good to me now?










Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment