2/20/12

WWE Elimination Chamber PPV 2/19/12


Note: This is not going to be like my other blogs because this is going to be short and sweet. The reason why this is going to be different is because I am partially disappointed with this PPV. More so, I am disappointed in the content of the PPV and the overall outcome of the PPV. This is why I am old school and think that WWE could save money by cutting down PPVs down to 6 instead of 12. Also, by reading my opinion of each match, you will see what matches I liked and which ones wasted my time. So we go WWE Elimination Chamber or I want to call it: Filler To Wrestlemania.


These matches might not be in order but these are basically the matches in the PPV. You have to love WWE for giving us not alot to see.


Elimination Chamber for the World Heavyweight Title: The Great Khali vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Wade Barrett vs. Santino Marella vs. Big Show vs. Daniel Bryan
Winner and Still World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan
(I forgot what order people were eliminated but this was a so so match. Watching the Great Khali in the ring made me wish he was a creditable threat, however he was just there to pad the match. Cody Rhodes is a great wrestler but he needs to do more to become something his father was not: Main Eventer. The IC title needs to be challenged soon. Wade Barrett was kind of wasted in this match because he was suppose to be the focus of Randy Orton. Maybe we will see Orton and Barrett at WM 28. Big Show and DB are the core of this match because it is the proverbial David vs. Goliath story. DB is becoming a heel and I like that he's getting into the role. Big Show is starting to show signs that he might want to retire soon. Poor Santino was the comic foil but also the saddest thing in the ring. I like him and it was nice to get that spotlight but it's not his thing. )

Elimination Chamber Match for the WWE Title: Kofi Kingston vs. The Miz vs. R-Truth vs. Chris Jericho vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. CM Punk
Winner and Still WWE Champion CM Punk
(Unlike the WHC title match, this was a better title match. Dolph is still going to be the showoff. Dolph is going to be a champion this year but not until after WM28. Dolph got my respect for this match. Jericho has not lost a step. Y2J is still a main eventer. The mind games he played on all of us did work but the presentation was too long. Also he did remind us that most of the other guys in the ring are doing the same thing he was doing for years. The Miz is off to mid card hell. I hope that if he does get out. He's a great heel and a better heel champion. He just needs to make sure he catches people. Kofi definately needs a title soon. Mainly a IC or US title soon. He's not ready for the main event but he's close. R-Truth is my main because he can pull off the crazy stick. He is getting more and more funny and more and more good in the ring. I hope he get's a legitimate title push. He could be on Smackdown but I think he's better live. Finally, CM Punk is my champion. I like his in-ring presence. CM Punk is going to be just like Edge but I hope CM Punk does not have to retire early. )

John Cena vs. Kane (Ambulance Match)
Winner: John (Super) Cena
(I hope this match is the last match with this sorry ass story line. Super Cena needs to focus on The Rock. Kane did his best to get John Cena to become a heel. I guess either at WM 28 or later this year, we will see Evil Cena. Until this, this was a good match. Anything that involves brutality is better than sorry ass matches. I hope this is it because if not, I might not want to see WM 28.)

United States Champion Tile Match: Jack Swagger vs. Justin Gabriel
Winner: Jack Swagger
(Where the hell was Jack Swagger? Why is this match in the PPV? This was a squash match because Justin Gabriel is a glorified jobber. I would speak about this match more but I rather not. This match should have been on before the PPV started. )

Divas Champion Title Match: Beth Phoenix vs. Tamina Snuka
Winner: Beth Phoenix
(I loved this match for the most part. I finally got to see something good with womens wrestling. No more hype or playing around. I got to see Beth wrestle someone that is not a model or a wannabe. Tamina got mad props for her work in this match. Her father would be proud because he knows she's a champion. This will do for me as a fan of women's wrestling. However, the main event for the divas title is going to be a triple threat match with Tamina, Beth and Kharma. I hope that's going to be for WM 28.)



Final Thoughts: Why does this PPV exist? This was a speciality match that turned into a PPV. Why is only the WWE and WHC titles are used for this match? Do this for all WWE Titles. I want to see a Divas Elimination Chamber match. I definately want to see a IC and US title match in the elimination chamber. I also would love to see a crazy tag team tile match in the chamber. This was a waste of PPV. When I was a kid, WM would be in late March or early April. There was no filler PPV to get to WM. I know I might sound like I'm bitching but there is some value to the fans to see something if all the wrestlers make it to WM28. This was a waste of PPV. No title changes and no real change of the plans to WrestleMania. I guess now that the PPV is over, we focus on WrestleMania. After that, we go to SummerSlam. So until WWE Raw, speak to you soon.










Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment