2/10/12

TNA Review for 2/2/12 and 2/9/12

Note: Please note that I did forget to post the TNA Impact Review for 2/2/12 so I am going to blog about both shows that were taped in London, England. I really think I need to watch them again because there were some matches and stuff I missed but I will write about what I saw. With that in mind, let's review the last two weeks of TNA Impact.


The following is a mash up of the last two weeks of TNA Impact in England. I was going to do this separately but due to the confusion I had with following the last two weeks plus the reports online, I decided to merge the blogs and give my blunt comments or commentary on the matches. I will not focus on the backstage mess because unlike WWE, TNA's backstage stuff is scary to follow and look like they are spying on people. So here's Impact from England....


We start the trip on February 2nd:

Opening Segment: Robert Roode kicks off saying that Jeff Hardy will not be seen again after last week. James Storm and Sting

comes out and announces Robert Roode vs. Bully Ray vs. James Storm vs. Jeff Hardy at Against All Odds next month. Also for

tonight, Storm will face both Roode and Bully Ray in singles matches tonight.
(I was laughing with the crowd because they were pissing Bully Ray off by calling for Devon and get the tables. Also, getting sick of Sting doing his joker stick without the makeup. Also tired of Roode's generation stuff. I guess this opening was ok but just tired of the same stick. See, TNA already upsetting me.)

Samoa Joe and Magnus vs. Matt Morgan and Crimson in a Buckingham Brawl
Winners: Joe and Magnus
(This was a good match. I really want to see Magnus and Joe win the tag titles so Crimson and Morgan can break up. Those guys are boring and very dull to watch. I guess I am a mark for Samoa Joe because he's being wasted in TNA. What's funny is that TNA does not have a mid card hell because unless you don't hold a belt, you are nothing.)

Austin Aries vs. Mark Haskins
Winner: Austin Aries
(This was a boring match because I hate Aries. He is not cool and he's boring. I felt sorry for the local talent because he was a jobber. OMG a jobber! Cool.)

Robert Roode vs.James Storm
Winner: Bobby Roode
(See this match before and will have to see this match again over and over again.)

(Non-title) Tara vs. Gail Kim.
Winner: Tara
(This was a good match. Too bad WWE can't do a good womens wrestling match unless the girl looks like a model. I am starting to like Tara and even Gail Kim. WWE can't keep a real woman if their lives depend on it.)

James Storm vs. Bully Ray
Winner: James Storm
(Bully Ray is a joke. I cannot believe he's a singles wrestler. James Storm is growing on me. I am not into the redneck character but love the country bad ass character. Storm basically carried Bully Ray in my opinion.)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's TNA Impact Results from England Part Two........

February 9th:



Bully Ray hits the ring and calls out Robert Roode. Bully and Roode argue about having each others backs. Sting hits the ring with his cricket bat and announces himself to be the special guest enforcer for the PPV match! Sting also reveals a main event tag match: Bully and Roode vs. James Storm and Sting! Then we see a video footage of Kaz, AJ and Chris Daniels.
(So Sting is carrying a cricket bat? Why? Is Sting legacy going to be carring a bat and trying to be the bad ass. The insane icon.....he's not an icon to me. I guess I am still bitter that Sting could have been in WWE but pussied out. As for this situation, someone explain to me why Hardy was not on this trip? Court? Probation? One more issue, Bully Ray is a main eventer? Why?)


Christopher Daniels w/Kaz vs. AJ Styles
Winner: Christopher Daniels via Brass Knuckles
(This was a funny match because Kaz was confused to who to help. Also why is CD using brass knuckles? Poor AJ Styles, he's stuck carrying this storyline because he is honestly confused and don't know what's going on. I know how he feels because I am just as confused.)


Samoa Joe and Magnus cut a promo about how they will win the Tag Team Championship at Against All Odds. Crimson and Matt Morgan hit the ring and give them a quick beat down. Joe and Magnus manage to escape without too much damage.
(I cannot wait for Joe and Magnus to win the belts. I cannot wait for Joe and Magnus to win the belts. I cannot wait for Joe and Magnus to win the belts. I cannot wait for Joe and Magnus to win the belts. I repeat this because I want it to happened.)

Alex Shelley vs. Austin Aries vs. Doug Williams
Winner: Alex Shelly
(This was a good match. Doug Williams was the odd man out. There was action in and out the ring. I was marking out for Shelley because he's repping the 313 (Detroit). He's going to get that X Division Title soon.)

Velvet Sky vs. Mickie James
Winner: Velvet Sky
(This was another good match for women's wrestling. I might not like Velvet Sky like I hate Angelina Love but at least she can wrestle. I think Angelina Love would make a great WWE Diva and Champ. Mickie James is a goddess in the ring. I hate her gimmick but I love her as a wrestler.)

Main Event: Sting and James Storm vs. Robert Roode and Bully Ray
Winners: Sting and James Storm
(Any team with Sting in it will win 90% of the time. This was an okay match. It would have been better if there was more action or if Hardy was there. I guess I will have to settle for this mess. It was okay.)

Final Thoughts: Jesus, doing these reviews for TNA is like being the chicken in robot chicken. I feel like I saw some good things in the last two weeks but God I also some snippets of clusterfuckery. I did not care for Garrett Bischoff being trained by Hogan. Why is he back on camera? Why is Bischoff's kid trying to wrestle? Also why did Tara and Gail Kim fight outside London? I bet the Brits were like WTF! I am learning that TNA is hard to watch even if you know what's going to happen. I stop drinking during TNA because I was getting smashed by 10pm. Also, you have to either be a real fan of TNA to watch this. I am not a true fan but trying to be. I feel like if I continue doing this, I need to find something to keep my attention during watching.







Gene The Grappler


No comments:

Post a Comment