2/11/12

WWE Smackdown Review 2/10/12


WWE Smackdown Review 2/10/12


Note: This should be an interesting WWE Smackdown. Unlike the reviews of TNA Impact over the last two weeks, WWE Smackdown might be a great thing to make me forget TNA for one night. Most of Smackdown is going to be good on paper but hope that it will be great to watch. The main event is going to be interesting. I also think the other matches could be appealing to watch. So here goes WWE Smackdown......


Opening Segment: SmackDown opens up with a segment between Sheamus and Wade Barrett. They are interrupted by Intercontinental Champion Cody Rhodes. Big Show also came out and it ended up with Sheamus and Show clearing the ring. Barrett and Rhodes vs. Show and Sheamus is made for later.
(This was a great way to open WWE Smackdown. I would love to see Sheamus vs. Big Show because that could steal the show if it happens on PPV. Wade Barrett and Cody Rhodes got alot to go to become main event players in WWE. I would love to see anything good on Smackdown that is not lame or repetitve.)

Match#1: The Great Khali vs. Jinder Mahal
Winner: Khali with a chokeslam
(This was a squash match. This basically was a warm up match for Khali. Nothing to say here.)

Backstage segment with Teddy Long and Daniel Bryan.
(This segment was stupid to me. I would have knocked out DB for interrupting me and Aksana. You would have seen my version of WMD. By the way, Aksana is sexy as hell but she can't wrestle. She reminds me of Alicia Fox. Nice to see flop on the mat but scary to watch wrestle.)

Match#2: Beth Phoenix vs. Alicia Fox
Winner: Beth with a glam slam
(Speak of Alicia Fox, seeing her put in her place put a smile on my face. By the way, WTF is Alicia Fox doing wearing fox fur? Tamina is also starting to grow on me but I want to see Kharma. That would be a great way to fix the Divas Title picture. A four way for the title: Tamina, Beth, Natalya and Kharma.)

I said I am getting sick of these bullshit crap about DYK and what the WWE does better than other sports. I don't care if Cenation has more followers than NFL and other sports. I don't care because I am not going to waste my time on twitter talking to wrestlers because everyone knows they don't talk back.

WTF! They filled time on WWE Smackdown hyping the match between The Rock and John Cena. They are showing the Rock's history. Really? WTF!

Backstage with Tyson Kidd and Natalya. He farts and Hornswoggle comes walking in, thinking it was Natalya that farted.
(WTF! Now this farting gag is getting on my fucking nerves. So now Tyson is farting! The funny thing was Hornswoggle passing the fuck out after taking a whiff. I still think Natalya is getting fucked over and stuck in mid card hell.)

Match#4: Big Show and Sheamus vs. Cody Rhodes and Wade Barrett
Winner: Big Show and Sheamus
(This match was a great match to see. I like the ending. This is only a small taste of what is going to happen during the PPV. Sheamus could have some competition before WM28. I am a mark for Big show but beginning to be a mark for Sheamus as well.)

Michael Cole interviews AJ Lee about her injury from Big Show but is interrupted by World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan.

Bryan tries to get her to leave with him. Teddy Long interrupts and threatens to strip him of the belt.
(This was pointless until Teddy Long became the new pimp of WWE Smackdown. He is basically making DB his bitch by telling him if you leave then you will not be champion anymore.)

Match#5: Ted Dibiase vs.Hunico
Winner: DiBiase
(This is another example of mid card hell in play. I don't care about Hunico, the other Mexican, or DiBiase. Sorry but this match was wasted on me for so many reasons.)

Main Event: Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton
Winner: DB by DQ
(This was a great match with a shitty ending. I am going on a limb here but DB is going beyond being a DB. Also since when a DQ can be caused by someone being put back in the ring. Smackdown is known for fucked up endings but dumb ass rules. Randy Orton should have run rough shot to tear both Big Show and DB a new one. Randy will be back in the title hunt after WM28. As for Big Show, maybe he does need to retire with Taker. )

Final Thoughts: I used clusterfuckery in my TNA reviews because of the taping. Clusterfuckery can be used in WWE Smackdown. I like Smackdown but it is hard to swallow some of the shit that I have seen. We got people farting on camera. We got DB acting like a mega DB. AJ is cute but she's kinda dim as hell. We got Rhodes walking around with a title that needs to be sees. Where the fuck is Swagger and the US Title? They actually wasted time to promote The Rock vs Cena to fill a gap. Put a match on. Last week on Smackdown, they took a match off because it was going to long. Why? Also, why is Beth on Smackdown? Did she piss someone off to be put in mid card hell? Teddy Long has been the longest running character on Smackdown. He's starting to gain my respect for being a player and not the HNIC of Smackdown. I know that's a bad joke but it is true. Wade Barrett needs to be put back in the title hunt because his title push is coming. So with all that said, there is huge room for improvement. I am off until next week. I hope Raw gets its shit together.






Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment