2/17/12

WWE Smackdown Review 2/17/12


WWE Smackdown Review 2/17/12

Note: Randy Orton is out of the PPV. Why? That's bullshit with how this turned out. Also DB is close to being a full heel. He's almost over to the dark side. Big Show is going to kill him tonight. There is so many issues I will have during this show that I might say something about it. I am tired of seeing Orton getting screwed out of PPVs and matches by injury. So I hope this is going to be a good show regardless of Orton being gone.

Opening Segment: SmackDown opens with Teddy Long and World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan backstage. Security is guarding Teddy's office. Long is concerned about Randy Orton's condition and pulls him from the Elimination Chamber match on Sunday.
(I am so pissed with this because I wanted to see Orton in the PPV. I don't care if this is a work or it's real. I want to see Orton. I am so pissed.)

Match#1: Big Show and The Great Khali vs. Wade Barrett and Cody Rhodes
Winner: Big Show and Great Khali
(After the match, Show turns on Khali and takes him out. This was a sqaush match. This is better than seeing Crimson and Matt Morgan tag team. I laughed to see Big Show turn on Khali. This was not going to end anyway but ugly. Also, Cody Rhodes needs to do something with that IC title. I am getting tired of seeing the mid card titles not being defended every night or ever PPV.)

Backstage: Mark Henry returns backstage and wants Teddy Long to put him into the Eliminaton Chamber match. Big Show came in and demanded a match against Daniel Bryan for later tonight. Show got pissed, laid out Henry and tore up Teddy's office before leaving. Long put security on notice and told them to take Big Show out of the arena if they see him.
(OMG! Big Show just laid out Henry like a bitch. Big Show just got mad points for popping Henry like that. Also I laughed at the fact that Teddy Long is starting to be a bigger pimp by not letting anyone mess with the Smackdown GM. What's funny is that I marked out when Show popped Henry. I wish I could do a Mike Tyson Punchout Reference because that's how it went down.)

Match#2: Hunico vs. Ted DiBiase
Winner: Hunico with the help of Camacho
(This is a boring match. I am tired of both of them and wish they would move on. I guess when you stuck in mid card hell, you can't pick your feuds. I want more from DiBiase and I want Hunico and Camacho to go away. I hear that they could wrestling in NXT or Superstars.)

Match#3: (Non Title) Epico and Primo vs. The Usos
Winners: The Colons
(This was a good match. Two bad the tag team division in WWE is like watching two snails race. I wish this could change because there are a shit load of young guys that want to be on TV. Tag teams can help them. Also with the extinction of Nexxus and The Corre, there is not a big market in WWE for tag teams. The Usos are good but not good for me. The Colon remind me of Carlito. So this was not a match I wanted to watch but I only wanted to see Rosa Mendes shake her little ass.)

Match#4: Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus
Winner: DB by DQ
(Sheamus went crazy on Bryan. Bryan spit in Sheamus' face which caused him to go crazy. Sheamus pushed the referee which caused the DQ. This was total bullshit by DB. I will give him credit that he's becoming a DB. Also, Sheamus is starting to be a beast to me. I am also marking out for Sheamus but it is only because I want him to win a title this year. )

Backstage: Cody Rhodes and Wade Barrett confront Teddy Long and want to know who is replacing Randy Orton at the Elimination Chamber. Teddy announces a battle royal to fill the final spot. He says a Superstar from RAW or SmackDown can compete.
(This would a good idea if this was Raw but this is Smackdown. This is like most of the guys in mid card hell trying to get a better position in mid card hell. I hope this is not a clusterfuck.)

Match#5: Jinder Mahal vs. Ezekiel Jackson
Winner: Jinder Mahal
(This match was slow and dull to me. Both these men are stuck in mid card hell. Jinder needs a new gimmick. Big Zeke needs to get something going so he could be a threat to the US or IC titles. This was a waste of time because realistically Big Zeke can beat Jinder.)

Backstage: Long was on the phone backstage and John Laurinaitis walked up. He said Teddy needed someone with charisma in the battle royale and entered David Otunga. Teddy wished him luck.
(Why? Why God Why?  This would have been better if they did not show up but whatever.)

Match#6:Tamina and Alicia Fox beat Natalya and Beth Phoenix.
Winners: Tamina and Alicia Fox
(The referee gets distracted by Natalya's farting. Oh boy, so her farts are so strong that she can kill refs now? Damn, that's not only a bad gimmick but this is a shitty one. Bad pun, sorry. Also we got Alicia Fox needs to go back to school to be trained to wrestle. I am not a fan of the killer Fox. Tamina is getting better and Beth is a true womens wrestler. I can't wait to see Tamina and Beth soon. As for Nattie, she's done.)

Main Event: Wild Card Smackdown Battle Royal for the 6th spot in the Elimination Chamber
Winner: Santino Marella
(Do you believe in miracles? This is the biggest clusterfuck of 2012! This is not good for the PPV. Words cannot describe the shit I wished could have happened in this match. Disgust is not something I say often but I was disgusted with this outcome. I know I like Santino but holy fucking christ, this could have been done different. Drew McIntyre could have been better. Shit, I could have jumped through the TV and won this shit. Sorry but I am upset but laughing because Santino is out in like three seconds.)


Final Thoughts: Before the end of this show, I was going to be happy with Smackdown. That was until I saw Santino win the main event. I think I was so wrong with hoping Smackdown was going to be better than Impact. Both had shitty endings. I guess since Smackdown is higher on my list than Impact, I will hope for the best in the coming weeks. Smackdown is going to shock everyone if it is booked right. Orton needs to be in the main event or something. DB is a huge DB. I really think all the Smackdown people needs to stay off Raw. Or at least limit the people. Also, when will I see womens title on Raw. My rants are valid but no one seems to hear me right now, but soon you will.






Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment