2/21/12

WWE Smackdown Review 2/21/12


Note: This Smackdown is live. That means I am doing this review on Tuesday not on Friday. There were many questions on Raw that was not answered. I hope this is the show that will answer it. Most of the Raw events for WrestleMania 28 are set. So aside from the WHC title match, we need to know what Smackdown is going to do for WrestleMania 28. There are some other things I would like to know. So I hope this is a good Smackdown because it is live. Sad to say that Botchamania will be recording this Smackdown because I got a feeling there will be a lot of fuck ups on this show. So here's the live showing of WWE Smackdown.



Opening Segment: Daniel Bryan comes out with AJ. He talks about being in WrestleMania and how he beat five men at the PPV last Sunday. He also talks about taking out Sheamus at WrestleMania 28. The Miz comes out to congratulate Bryan and to remind him that he trained him during NXT. Sheamus comes out and talks to Daniel Bryan. He reminds Miz that he's not in the main event at WrestleMania 28. Daniel Bryan slaps Sheamus. The Miz tries to take out Sheamus but he's thrown out the ring.

Match#1: Sheamus vs. The Miz
Winner:  Sheamus
(This was basically a good way to start Smackdown even though the match was made during the commercial break. This is another warm up match for Sheamus because he will be in the SD Main Event. The Miz is on his way to being in the place I call mid card hell. I feel so sorry for the Miz because he is good but he's getting screwed.)

Match#2: Kofi Kingston and R-Truth vs. Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler
Winner:  Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler
(This was a sloppy tag team match. This was put together so badly that I basically changed channels. I like all the men involved but this was a sloppy match. Even watching the ending made me wish this was a different kind of match.)

Match#3: Drew McIntyre vs. The Great Khali
Winner:  The Great Khali
(This was a squash match for Khali because we are seeing the gimmick of Drew to be a loser. Here's another person with great talent but is going to be put in mid card hell. I could have booked this match better but they don't pay me to book matches in WWE.)

Match#4: Big Show vs. Mark Henry
Winner:  Big Show by KO
(Cody Rhodes tries to distract Big Show but he still KOs Henry. The actual hit look too real. the KO he did to Henry last week was sick. Even Teddy Long was like dayum. This is going to be a rivalry that won't end. And another rivalry is beginning.)

Match#5: Ezekiel Jackson vs. David Otunga
Winner: David Otunga
(This was a repeat of Raw last night. So I guess this is the same result from last night. I think I had deja vu watching this match. This is basically a dumb ass match. I am tired of David Otunga and they are making Big Zeke a fucking joke. So they put Big Zeke in mid card hell. Damn you to hell!)


Main Event: Daniel Bryan vs. CM Punk (Champion vs. Champion)
Winner: Double Pinfall
(Even though this match was already done on Raw, I think it is better on Smackdown because the crowd was more into the match. Even though I think most of the crowd is not piped in. The match was restarted because Sheamus interfered. Johnny Ace does not run Smackdown. This was bullshit. For the second time, this match was restarted. So now we got both Johnny Ace and Teddy Long restarting matches. Again this is bullshit. The end comes with a melee with both GMs ready to fight and both champs confused.)


Final Thoughts: This is the first Smackdown live that I have saw in like a year or two. Unlike Raw, this is different with matches and other things. We saw the comic genius of Santino take out Heath Slater with the Cobra. There was no Randy Orton at all. Even Teddy Long is getting pushed out of Smackdown by Johnny Ace and David Otunga. I love the fact that Smackdown was live but why are we repeating some matches from last night's Raw. Also why is there no Randy Orton? I mean no Rey Mysterio, no Sin Cara, and no Alberto Del Rio and no Christian. What the fuck is going on? Smackdown was suppose to uplift my hopes not make me feel worse. By the way, why is Chris Brown talking shit with CM Punk? Really? Really? OMG! If TNA Impact is better this week than both Raw and Smackdown then I think WrestleMania 28 is going to be shit even with a good card.







Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment