2/28/12

WWE Raw Review 2/27/12


Note:  Unlike my other Raw Reviews, this is going to be short and sweet for this week. I decided that after last week’s clusterfuck, this week I am not going to be as excited or as hopeful. We know that The Rock will respond to John Cena’s comments from last week. We know that CM Punk and Y2J will have words. We also know that the Hoeski known as Eve will show her true colors. With all that and more, we should get a good Raw but we will see. Here’s WWE Raw…..

Match#1: Sheamus & Big Show def. Mark Henry & Intercontinental Champion Cody Rhodes
(This is another warm up match for Shemus to not only show that he’s going to win at WM 28 but he’s also going to be WHC. Big Show does not show signs that he’s slowing down but I know better. IC Champ needs to put his title up for grabs soon or it is basically a worthless title. Mark Henry is still a force to be messed with but sad to say that his time is up soon.  This was a good match but not great. )

Match#2: WWE Tag Team Champions Primo & Epico def. Kofi Kingston & R-Truth and Dolph Ziggler & Jack Swagger
(OMG! Tag Team Match on Raw? What? I was so shocked to see this. Especially, since there is not enough teams to take on the champions. Kofi and Truth does work better together than Air Boom. Ziggler and Swagger does have good teamwork. The champs are great but they do need real competition. This was something to lift my spirits up for the tag team division of WWE.)

Match#3: John Cena def. The Miz
(I have seen this match so many times in 2009 and 2010 that I got tired of it. I am thankful that this time around it was pointless. Cena is getting ready to face The Rock. The Miz is getting ready to be stuck in mid card hell. This was a good match but pointless.)

 Match#4: Kelly Kelly def. Nikki Bella
(I love Divas matches. Especially, if the matches makes sense to me. This does not make sense to me. I say that because not only does Kelly Kelly is basically the female equivalent of John Cena but she’s put in the backburner to Beth Phoenix. Bellas are hot but they cannot wrestle. Kelly Kelly can wrestle somewhat. This was a dumb match. I guess we will see good Divas wrestling on Smackdown. )

Main Event: WWE Champion CM Punk vs. World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan ended in a No Contest
(I saw this match last Tuesday on Smackdown. I guess this is déjà vu.  I feel bad for both champs because they can wrestle. This is more shit for WrestleMania matches for both Raw and Smackdown. I said my peace on this match last week. I won’t repeat myself.)

My opinion of what Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson said on WWE Raw: I like what I hear and saw from The Rock. I don’t think he does any bad promos. Vince needed him to help boost WrestleMania 28. I am happy to see him wrestle. He can act but he’s a wrestler first to me. I think it is creative to use the phrase, “Boots To Asses”. Most of what he said last night was honest, and heartfelt. I think most of the hype of this match with Cena is because Cena is going to be booed like he did at ECW’s One Night Stand in 2005. I honestly think this is better than The Rock and Hogan because there is so much backstage and on camera shit going on.  By the way, Kung Pow Bitch is trending on Twitter.  I was glad to see Cena come down after The Rock basically punked him. When John Cena comes out though, I think most of the time Cena is trying to be PG. This is making John Cena more like the old Cena. Sad to say that most of the things in WWE Raw might be more than PG now but if they want to keep their toy deals, it will go back to kid friendly stuff. John Cena did make it clear that he does not like him and vice versa. Great promo by The Rock and Cena should have stayed.

Other In Ring and Backstage Notes: Next week, HBK is coming back on WWE Raw. That’s good because that will further hype HHH and Taker. I want to see HBK. I want to see him basically get involved in the match. Also I guess we will find out what the board of directors (Vince and Steph) will do about the GMs of Raw and Smackdown.  As for Eve, well I like her videos when she’s not being her on camera persona. However, why they made her a heel is a good question. She’s not a heel. I think most of this is because of Vince and his warped perception of what people should be popular.

Final Thoughts: Well this was a good Raw especially after last week. I think part of it is because of The Rock. Last week was good but this week was better. I think I said most of what I felt in my heart was right in the matches and the end. So see you guys for Smackdown and Impact.






Gene The Grappler


No comments:

Post a Comment