5/23/13

TNA Impact Review 5/23/13

Note: I wish to say that I am excited to watch TNA tonight. I am fighting to stay a wrestling fan. I watched WWE to see SSDD. I watch TNA hoping to see something different but then again, I see SSDD but in a new pacakge. So when I watch this episode of TNA Impact, I hope to see something creative and different. With that said, let's watch TNA Impact and hope for something that will remind me why I am a wrestling fan.

Match#1: Joey Ryan vs. Petey Williams vs. Suicide
Winner: Suicide
(Will someone remind me why the X Division is not on every week? I love seeing these matches because this is why TNA is better than WWE. WWE gave up on the lighter guys. So TNA made a division and a title. So why is TNA fucking around with old WWE stars with issues? Watching this match would make me feel better. The whole show needs this and less bullshit. )

Match#2: Magnus vs. Wes Brisco
Winner: No Contest
(Really? Why did this not end with a winner? Because TNA is trying to make Aces and Eights the new NWO of TNA. I am a fan of Aces and Eights but I also love to see a winner. I guess it was a good thing because we all know that Brisco is still green and barely can wrestle.)

Match#3: Kurt Angle vs. Mr. Anderson
Winner: Mr. Anderson
(I am happy to see that Anderson won this match. Seeing Anderson in Aces and Eights is a set up because TNA did not have anything good for him as a single's wrestler. So watching this match was a throwback to old WWE. I think sometimes TNA cashes in on the old WWE guys because most of the guys that were in TNA cannot draw people. This was a so so match.)

Match#4: Mickie James vs. Velvet Sky for the Knockout Title
Winner and New Knockout Champion: Mickie James
(I had a feeling that this would happen. I knew that Mickie would have the title. So am I happy? Yes because Velvet was wrestling hurt and she was not drawing attention to the title. So it is good to see Mickie have the title again. Also means that we will see a possible feud with Gail Kim.)

Main Event: AJ Styles inducted into Aces and Eights.
(At first, I though this was going to happen. I was excited to see AJ be part of something different. However, it was a swerve. Not only did we see AJ take out Angle but also Aces and Eights. I would say that this is not the way to end the show. However, to end it like this was better than Aces and Eights cheering. So good job TNA.)

Final Thoughts: Well at least this show did not suck as bad as I assumed it would be. I wish they would showcase the X Division more. Also showcase other aspects of TNA and stop cramming Aces and Eights down our throats. I guess it is what it is for TNA. See you all for WWE Smackdown.





Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment