5/24/13

WWE Smackdown Review 5/24/13

Note: After seeing TNA's weekly show and seeing something creative and different, now it is time to pray that WWE Smackdown does not end up showing recaps of WWE Raw and also recap SSDD matches. So unlike TNA, it is time for WWE Smackdown to have a seperate identity from WWE Raw. Something is better than nothing.....here WWE Smackdown. 

Opening Segment: The Miz does another MizTV segment with Fandango and Summer Rae. Miz announces he will do MizTV and then win the Intercontinental Title tonight. Wade Barrett interrupts and starts running down Fandango and threatens him. Miz and Barrett start brawling and we have tonight's first match.
(So let's see where to start in this shitty start to the show.....I don't care about Fandango. I don't care about his tart. I find it funny that Wade Barrett is back to feuding with The Miz. Also why is Barrett being dissed? The IC title use to have meaning but now it is shit. What the fuck WWE? Nice way to start the show. ) 

Match#1: The Miz vs. Wade Barrett - Intercontinental Title Match
Winner: The Miz by DQ
(So WWE just fucked us over on a good rematch. We saw this match before the WM PPV. We saw it on the more popular show on WWE Raw after WM. This should have ended cleanly. Why is Fandango in this feud? This was a good match that fucked up the SSDD pattern. I guess WWE is running out of ideas for the IC title. What the fuck?) 

Match#2: Daniel Bryan vs. Jack Swagger
Winner: Daniel Bryan
(Well this was a better match to watch. I guess it is because this was better to watch than the shit before this match. This match had a flow. We all know that DB can wrestle and Swagger in his new gimmick can wrestle as well. I love that Swagger is trying to be a main eventer. I also love that even though they don't have the tag team titles, Team Hell No is still together. ) 

Match#3: Chris Jericho vs. Big Show
Winner: Chris Jericho by Count Out
(I wished this ended clean. We all know that both these men can go. Big Show is not a jobber. Same with Y2J. I love how WWE can fuck up a good thing. This match was classic because of the history with both Y2J and also Big Show. So the way they ended this match was fucked up. Fuck you WWE.)

Match#4: Curtis Axel vs. Sin Cara
Winner: Curtis Axel
(So this is how to bring back Sin Cara? Sin Cara is back to being a jobber with a cool gimmick. Curtis Axel is not at main event status yet but this match is not the best way to start the era of Hening. I'm sorry but this is almost as bad as when John Morrison stopped being Johnny Nitro.) 

Main Event Part One: Kofi Kingston vs. Dean Ambrose
Winner: Kofi Kingston by DQ

Main Event Part Two: The Shield vs. Kofi Kingston, Randy Orton and Sheamus
Winners: The Shield
(Well I was entertained with this whole mess of an ending. I think Teddy Long is a joke. We all know he was a decent ref but as a TV personality, it is sad to see him act hip. I am a fan of The Shield. I am happy to see them with titles. I think WWE can make these guys better but we all know how long that can last. This was a good match because the heels made it interesting. This went from a non title match to a six man brawl. We all know that Teddy Long has a hard on for tag matches. Good way to end the show. )

Final Thoughts: Well I will ignore the constant recaps of WWE Raw. I will ignore the bullshit with Cena and Ryback. I will also ignore the shit they pull. So the show was not bad as it might have been. I guess WWE Smackdown is trying to have a seperate identity from WWE Raw. We all know that Raw is the A show but no need to remind us on the other shows WWE produce. See you all for WWE Raw.......The main show. 







Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment