4/3/14

TNA Impact Review 4/3/14

Note: As I gear up for watching this week's TNA Impact, I think about what's going on. People will admit that TNA might not be good with storylines but are good with their matches most of the time. I will admit that this is going to be a weird week to review anthing outside of WWE. However, I will admit this week's show looks good but we will see. Here we go with TNA Impact...

Match#1: Bobby Roode and Ethan Carter III vs. Willow and Bully Ray - Tables Match
Winners: Bobby Roode and Ethan Carter III
(The kid in me loved seeing a bit of the hardcore in this match. I reverted back to my ECW days. I think this was a good way to start the show. I mean we needed some chairs and ladders but that's asking too much. My only complaint was this match was too fucking short. I mean basically this was a fast match for a tables match. Willow was distracted by Rockstar Spud and Bully Ray basically was decimated by Bobby Roode and EC3. Good match to start the show...)

Match#2: Mr. Anderson vs. Samuel Shaw - Straight Jacket Match
Winner: Samuel Shaw
(I will admit this was something of an unusal match. However, to me it looked weird to have someone on top of you putting on a straight jacket. This was more so a hardcore match but wished Anderson won. However, I guess the storyline in this match will continue. )

Match#3: Tigre Uno vs. Sanada - X Division Title Match/Best of Three Series
Winner: Sanada
(I basically was in heaven in this match. This is what was missing in TNA to me. X Division is the bread and butter of TNA. This was so good that I have no problem seeing this again. Both these guys are international stars but most people in the U.S. don't know these guys. One thing that bothers me is that we might not see more matches like this unless TNA get more cruserweights. )

Match#4: Velvet Sky and Angelina Love vs. Brittany and Madison Rayne
Winners: Velvet Sky and Angelina Love
(I have decided to approach this match differently. Even though this was a huge FAP match. I will admit that Brittany is hot and is going to be a good addition to TNA. However, trying to watch this as a wrestling match was hard because all I saw was ass and tits flying. I think it is good to see the Beautiful People back together. Too bad there is not going to be a KO Tag Team Title. )

Match#5: MVP vs. Kenny King
Winner: No Contest
(This was a good match regardless of the ending. I think it is cool to see MVP go toe to toe with someone younger. I miss Kenny King because he was the shit as the X Division Champion. He is very talented. This could lead to something greater. )

Main Event: Magnus vs. Eric Young vs. Samoa Joe vs. Abyss - Fatal 4 Way World Heavyweight Title Match
Winner: Magnus
(This might be a match of the year candidate. Simply because this was a title defense that actually was held up to the hype. Also it is fitting to show that EY can be in the main event, that Samoa Joe is basically the main event, and Magnus isn't a paper champion. I think this could be done again but I also think Samoa Joe will get Magnus alone and beat him for the title later. Time to end this review...)


Final Thoughts: Usually, I would either like TNA Impact or hate it. Tonight's show was liked by me because this actually showed that TNA can do good shows with good storylines for a few exceptions. I think it is hard to watch wrestling without understanding the storylines. WWE is not good with that but TNA is getting better. See you all for WWE NXT and WWE Smackdown.






Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment