4/10/14

TNA Impact Review 4/10/14

Note: This week's show is being hyped as something for all us wrestling fans to witness. I am trying my best to see TNA as a good wrestling promotion. I will admit that it is hard to see TNA without comparing it to WCW. Unlike WWE where they just come off their biggest PPV and biggest WWE Raw show, TNA have to do something to sway people to watch. So here we go with TNA Impact...

Match#1: 10 Man Gauntlet Match for the #1 contender to the TNA World Title
James Storm, Gunner, Bobby Roode, Bully Ray, Ethan Carter III, Bobby Lashley, Abyss, Eric Young, Sanada, Willow
Winner: Eric Young
(So there is no Samoa Joe? This is going to be interesting. This was basically a huge #1 contender match. I am trying to understand why TNA calls some of their larger matches a gauntlet match. To me a gauntlet match is one against a series of people. Anyways, it is interesting to see Eric Young win this because we could have seen Bully Ray or even Willow win this. I was being sarcastic with what I just said. Well this is going to be an interesting main event because EY wants his title shot tonight. )

Match#2: Angelina Love vs. Gail Kim vs. ODB vs. Brittney - Four Way Match for the #1 contender match to the Knockouts Title
Winner: Angelina Love
(Just like the above match, this was interesting to see. I was pulling for Gail Kim to have her rematch but would have loved to see the new girl Brittney get a title shot. I am not a fan of Angelina Love because she is not a wrestler. I mean I would rather see ODB who ca wrestle win. TNA is great with the KO division but tends to reproduce what WWE does with the Divas division. I guess I will hope to see some good KO action elsewhere for a while. )

Match#3: BroMans vs. The Wolves - TNA Tag Title Match
Winner: Wolves by DQ
(I am tired of seeing this match because there are other tag teams that we could see. Plus we know that BroMans can't wrestle and The Wolves were brought in to win these titles. So it is getting old and played to see this over and over again. I will probably have to see this again next week and repeat these comments. )

Main Event: Magnus vs. Eric Young - TNA World Title Match
Winner: Eric Young - New Champion
(Holy shit! We got another Daniel Bryan here. Unlike Daniel Bryan, EY has won all the titles in TNA. Daniel Bryan has as well but it is different. I am shocked that Magnus lost the title in this way. This would have been a good PPV match but I guess TNA booking is trying to make something good for EY. This is a good thing for TNA because he has been through hell. )


Final Thoughts: TNA just change the game with what's going on. Eric Young as champion is just like Daniel Bryan but the exception is that Daniel Bryan isn't Eric Young. TNA is more for what people want in wrestling still. Eric Young has been the man in TNA for years. He has won all the titles including the dropped female tag titles with ODB. By the way, did they drop the marriage angle of him and ODB? My point is that TNA is going to do better because some people hate the PG WWE shows. So I guess we will see what's to come. See you all for WWE Smackdown...







Gene The Grappler





No comments:

Post a Comment