4/21/14

WWE Raw Review 4/21/14

Note: Last week, I was not feeling WWE. I should say that Smackdown was not good. So as we get ready for WWE Raw, I think it is sad that I have the WWE App, and use that more last week to watch WWE than to turn on my TV. So tonight, I will use my TV and not my WWE App. Also I hope we see something to get this week started right. I'm running out of ways to setup this review. So here we go with WWE Raw...

Match#1: Bad News Barrett vs. Sheamus - Semi Finals of the #1 Contender Tournament for the IC Title
Winner: Bad News Barrett
(I will admit that this was a good match. This makes up for a lot of bad opening matches. This is what I speak about with having a good match without having a title match or something worse on. This did start after Kane beat Daniel Bryan with two tombstones. This was a good match. This shows how good Barrett is in the ring. This also shows that Sheamus is not another Cena. Both these men put on a good match with a surprising result. Thank you WWE for this hidden gem. )

Match#2: Los Matadores and El Torito vs. Hornswoggle and 3MB
Winners: Los Matadores and El Torito
(I wasn't going to talk about this match. I had to really put on my big boy pants to be objective in this match. I understand WWE has to fill a three hour show. I understand the first hour has to keep people entertained. This was not entertainment. This was a mess. Last week, they messed up a possible PPV match. This was sad to watch but I made it through it. )

Match#3: The Usos vs. Cody Rhodes and Goldust
Winners: The Usos
(This was a non title match with Ryback and Curtis Axel at the commentating table. I will admit that this could have been a good title match in the future. I loved this match because it proves that WWE is trying to have good tag teams but there was also a setup in this match. So The Usos won but after some miscommunication from Cody and Goldust. As the tease of a breakup with Goldust and Cody Rhodes, Ryback and Curtis Axel attacks The Usos. Moving on....)

Match#4: Emma vs. Layla
Winner: Emma
(Emma is a good wrestler with a shitty gimmick. Layla use to be a good wrestler but she had no gimmick to use since Michelle McCool retired. This was not a good match but it kill some time for me and others watching. I think it is sad that Layla is using her old gimmick that she is a dancer. I was happy to see Emma end this quick. )

Match#5: Cesaro vs. Rob Van Dam - Semi Finals of the #1 Contender Tournament for the IC Title
Winner: Rob Van Dam by Count Out
(This was the second best match of the night but thank you WWE for fucking up the ending and also continuing a feud no one cares about. I will admit that Cesaro should have won this match. RVD isn't what we want to see in the IC division. He won it like six times already. This was a good match. RVD and Cesaro have different styles and both were showcased. So we had the shittiest ending to a match since most of the title reigns of RKO. Why did they have Swagger Zeb Coulter come out before the ending? Why did we have a clusterfuck of an ending? Damn you WWE!!! So the finals will be RVD and Bad News Barrett, and whoever wins get to face Big E. )

Match#6: Paige vs. Aksana
Winner: Paige
(This is what I said when I saw this on WWE Smackdown: So I guess Paige is going through all the divas in order. We saw Alicia Fox and now Aksana. I will admit this was not a good match to watch but then again, Paige is glad to be facing the main roster in the Divas division. This is weird to call this a jobber match but it was for Paige. This still holds true. )

Match#7: Alexander Rusev vs. Sin Cara
Winner: Alexander Rusev
(So the new jobber killer just killed the Mexican Cena? Well I am glad it was Sin Cara not Xavier Woods or R-Truth. Basically, this was not even a good match. )

Main Event: John Cena vs. The Wyatt Family - 3 on 1 Handicap WWE App Match
Winner: No Contest
(SSDD from Cena except he did not lose the match or win it. I am going to end this review now. So annoyed.)

Final Thoughts: This show was like a rollercoaster with a weak ending. This would have been a better show if the WWE did not kill off their champion. Why would you have Kane beat Daniel Bryan before the PPV? What kind of logic was having them face off? Also, why are you having Aksana and other face off with Paige but not have the #1 contender face her? Why are we now having a tease with Cody breaking up with Goldust? As for the main event, it sucked. So Super Cena could not fight off three men? I don't care. However, the ending was more creepy than epic. So basically we start the week with more bullshit than actual good action. See you all for TNA Impact.






Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment