4/24/14

TNA Impact Review 4/24/14

Note: I just realized that TNA have a PPV this weekend. This is TNA Sacrifice. Usually, the matches would be announced two weeks prior to the PPV. Most of these matches were announced via social media. I will admit that I am not a fan of TNA 24/7 social media. However, I see that I have to be more into their announcements. So with that said, I think it is time to get ready to watch TNA Impact...

Match#1: Rockstar Spud vs. Kurt Angle
Winner: Kurt Angle
(I was bored during this match only because it was not a fair match. Also seeing the interference of Ethan Carter III and Willow made this match more dull. However, it did setup the match with EC3 and Rockstar Spud vs. Angle and Willow at the PPV. Other than that, it was not fair or exciting. )

Match#2: Kenny King vs. Bobby Lashley
Winner: Bobby Lashley by Count Out
(This was actually a good match except for the end. Seeing this match could have made me happy to watch TNA. However, we forgot that Kenny King is a good wrestler with a shitty gimmick. Also seeing Lashley do all this action was wasted on most of us. So moving on...)

Match#3: Austin Aries vs. MVP
Winner: MVP
(This was a great match. Why? It is because this was basically a dream match. The wrestling styles in this match was perfect. MVP learned a lot in Japan and Aries can hang with the best wrestlers. This is my vote for match of the night and also could be match of the year. This would be perfect for a title match or something good in the future. Stay tuned...)

Match#3: James Storm & Bobby Roode vs Gunner & Bully Ray
Winners: James Storm and Bobby Roode
(I wish I could say this was boring but it was not boring but more so serving the purpose of both matches for the PPV. Storm and Gunner will put on a show. Roode and Bully Ray will put on a classic. This was just to make people see what they will see during the PPV. Moving on...)

Match#4: The Beautiful People vs Madison Rayne & Gail Kim
Winners: The Beautiful People
(I got to see my sexy Gail Kim. Aside from that, this was bullshit. Time to end the show...)

Main Event: Abyss vs Magnus
Winner: Abyss by DQ
(I was so confused because Abyss won the match by DQ. So what was the purpose of having Mangus beat up both Abyss and EY? Also how is this title match going to work out? Will TNA make EY a short term champion? We will see on Sunday....)

Final Thoughts: I will admit that it is going to be hard to watch TNA Sacrifice this weekend. I say that because unlike WWE PPVs, you have something to look forward to. In TNA, it is like watching someone's last match if their contract is up after the PPV or after the end of the month. I will admit that most of these matches are going to be good but then again, TNA is known for SSDD during their PPVs. This show was ok at best. However, most of this show was more so vignettes and backstage stuff. See you all for WWE Smackdown.






Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment