4/25/14

WWE Smackdown Review 4/25/14

Note: I would usually say this is the end of the wrestling week and blah blah blah. I am going to change that because doing these reviews seems like they blur together into one long ass block of good matches and bad storylines. I wish WWE would do something to make Smackdown an independent show again. I loved the brand extension. I wish I had started these reviews during that time. At least, I would have made it interesting. We know we will see some matches that was seen on WWE Raw plus the constant review of Raw in between the matches. So let's hope I am wrong in that assumption. Here we go with WWE Smackdown...

Match#1: Cesaro vs.Jack Swagger
Winner: Cesaro
(The debate before this match was stupid. The match was good. I think it was actually good to like it. Why? Cesaro is back to being a lone wolf. Also this was good to see Swagger actually wrestle not just job to someone. The ending was SSDD but seeing The Shield take out Swagger was cool. Roman Reign is the main event, soon.....)

Match#2: Tamina Snuka vs. Natalya
Winner: Tamina Snuka
(I will admit that this was good to see women who can wrestle have a match. This was actually a good match. Nattie did everything to stop Tamina from winning. Seeing Nattie in the ring made me happy because she needs to be on TV more and not for the divas show. This was classic match but we won't see this again for a long while. )

Match#3: Curtis Axel vs. Jey Uso
Winner: Curtis Axel
(I actually missed this match. Did I want to see this match? Not really because when was the last time Axel won a match. It was when he was IC champion months ago. Moving on. )

Match#4: Erick Rowan and Luke Harper vs. Cody Rhodes and Goldust
Winners: Erick Rowan and Luke Harper
(This was not a fair match. Why? Well Rowan and Harper are big men and the Rhodes brothers are not that big. This was a tune up for the match with John Cena at the PPV. Basically, this was filler for the main event. Damn, I guess Cody and Goldust wasn't going to win this. Time to end the show. )

Main Event: The Shield vs. Titus O'Neil, Ryback, Alberto Del Rio, Damien Sandow, Bad News Barrett and Curtis Axel
Winners: The Shield
(As I was watching this, I laughed at the guys that was taken out of this match. I was happy to see Fandango get powerbombed. I was really happy to see 3MB get destroyed. Swagger was killed off first. So it was more even so to speak. This was the best main event on WWE Smackdown in years. Why? The Shield just killed off like 11 guys who last Monday took them out. This was awesome. Time to end this review....)

Final Thoughts: It is rare that I say that the ending of Smackdown saved the show. This was an exception. This was a boring show but the ending was the savour. I will admit that most times, it is easier to watch WWE Smackdown rather than read the spoilers. I will also admit that it is weird watching any WWE show without the champion being on the show. This is getting bad that the title will only be seen at PPVs. So see you all for WWE Raw. Hopefully it won't as bad as last week.





Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment