4/14/14

WWE Raw Review 4/14/14

Note: We are in a new week for wrestling. So I guess with what happened last week, we will get to see something fresh and new from WWE. I hope that each week because I think WWE is on cruise control and they don't think they need to change for the poeple. Sad thing is that they do need to change because most people that watch WWE aren't kids. It is the people that grew up with WWE and saw the evolution of WWE. So here we go with a new week and a new WWE Raw...


Match#1: Rob Van Dam vs. Alberto Del Rio - #1 Contender Tournament for the IC Title
Winner: Rob Van Dam
(This was a shocker because I was actually hoping for ADR to beat RVD. I only say that because RVD won the IC title many times ten years ago. ADR winning this tournament could make him a bigger joke than what he is now. So RVD is moving on in this tournament. Sad thing is this tournament should have happened months ago on Main Event. )

Match#2: Goldust and Cody Rhodes vs. Ryback and Curtis Axel
Winners: Ryback and Curtis Axel
(Usually, I would not watch a match with Ryback and Axel but when I see the Rhodes brothers, I watch just to see Cody fly around and Goldust go old school. Seeing Ryback and Axel win made me sick and I will move on. )

Match#3: Paige vs. Alicia Fox - Non Title
Winner: Paige
(As much as I love watching AJ Lee, Paige is growing on me. I think it is great that WWE changed the Divas division with adding some girls from WWE NXT but they need to go back to the title split with the WWE women's title and the divas title. I say that because to me, the Bellas are the divas champ and Paige is a women's champion. This was not a good match but Paige made it good. )

Match#4: The Usos vs. Batista and Randy Orton
Winners: No Contest
(Well I don't mind seeing a match like this but Batista and RKO did not expect the Shield to interrupt. Triple H warn them this would happen but they did not listen. I smell something coming for the main event. )

Match#5: Cesaro vs. Mark Henry - #1 Contender Tournament for the IC Title
Winner: Cesaro
(This was not a shock to me because we all know that Cesaro is going to be a main eventer soon. So I guess if he beats the world's strongest man, he is the man. We will see. )

Match#6: Alexander Rusev vs. Xavier Woods
Winner: Alexander Rusev
(This was a jobber killing match. Rusev is going to mow through the mid card and be in the main event sooner than later. I mean this was not even a close match. This was like watching a stick figure take on a brick wall. Moving on...)

Match#7: Jack Swagger vs. Sheamus - #1 Contender Tournament for the IC Title
Winner: Sheamus
(This match would have been better if Swagger got a break. I say that also because Swagger would have fought Cesaro. However, Sheamus is going over in the mid card. Moving on...)

Match#8: Emma and Santino Marella vs. Layla and Fandango
Winners: Layla and Fandango
(This was when I fixed dinner. So this was boring to me. Moving on...)

Match#9: Dolph Ziggler vs. Bad New Barrett - #1 Contender Tournament for the IC Title
Winner: Bad New Barrett
(This was the match of the night. Out of all these matches for the #1 Contendership for the IC title, this was actually a good match. This is a classic mid card match. I will admit that I was more into this match than the others. So it is time for the main event. This might be interesting. )

Main Event: The Shield vs. Alberto Del Rio, Jack Swagger, Fandango, 3MB, Titus O'Neil, Curtis Axel and Ryback, Alexander Rusev and Bad News Barrett - 11 on 3 Handicap Tag Team Match
Winners: No Contest
(I laughed my ass off while all the guys came out for this match. This was like The Shield vs. all the mid card heels. I actually though this was going to be a great match until we saw the reformation of Evolution. Evolution is back!!!! Triple H, RKO and Batista is back as one group. No Ric Flair?!?!?!?! So basically, The Shield got jump by the mid card heels then the main event heels came in to take them out. Evolution is back!!!!!!)

Final Thoughts: All of us had some formation or ideal of a tournament for the IC title or US title or to face the IC or US champion. WWE finally setup a tournament that was origianally setup for Main Event. Now we get to see who will be the #1 Contender for the IC Title and it is going to be interesting because of the mid carders in this tournament. This show had no champion because Daniel Bryan married Brie Bella over the weekend. So no title match, but with Evolution reforming, we will see something good for WWE World Title. I guess it is a new era for WWE. See you all for TNA Impact...








Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment