4/28/14

WWE Raw Review 4/28/14

Note: Well I will admit that TNA did a decent job with their PPV last night. Tonight it is time for WWE to be the main event of wrestling. I am excited to see Hugh Jackman back on WWE Raw. Last time we saw him on WWE Raw, he KO Dolph Ziggler. Personally, I think WWE needs to ease up on the celebrities showing up on WWE Raw. If they want advertise their show or movie, just show the clips or preview. Here we go with WWE Raw....

Match#1: The Usos vs. Ryback and Curtis Axel
Winners: The Usos
(I am going to be real with you all about this match. This was boring. Not because The Usos were in this match. It was because Ryback and Curtis Axel are boring and typical. I actually was playing Tetris on my phone while this match was on. I actually played two games during this match. Sorry but not into boring tag team matches. It is not The Usos fault. Moving on...)

Match#2: Sheamus vs. Titus O'Neil
Winner: Sheamus
(This was a quick match. Why? I think Vince or Triple H saw this match and was like make it quick because we all know that Sheamus is getting stale. As for Titus O'Neil, well it is funny that he turns on his partner but becomes a huge jobber. What's also sad is that Darren Young is a bigger jobber than O'Neil but we don't see him much. Moving on...)

Match#3: Jack Swagger vs. Cesaro
Winner: Cesaro
(SSDD in WWE. I think I will just admit that Cesaro is getting a push but not quick enough.)

Match#4: Cody Rhodes vs. Alberto Del Rio
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
(I was pissed that ADR won but more so pissed that Cody and Goldust is looking to feud now. They should have feuded during the WM season. I guess seeing them feud now is a good thing. )

Match#5: Alexander Rusev vs. Xavier Woods
Winner: Alexander Rusev
(This can be summed up like this: Hot blonde with a nice ass, big man kill black guy. I think it is good that Rusev is in the main roster but he should be champion. Please make this happen because he is a good match for Big E. )

Match#6: Los Matadores vs. Heath Slater and Drew McIntyre
Winners: Heath Slater and Drew McIntyre
(3MB won a match? The world is going to end. Don't care about this or the rematch with Hornswoggle and El Torito. Moving on...)

Match#7: Brie Bella vs. Paige - WWE Divas Title Match
Winner: No Contest
(This would have been a good match but this had to end to make up for the shitty title match at the next PPV. So basically we could have seen a Bella lose to a younger and better wrestler. Instead we see something we have not seen in years from Kane. He came to snatch Brie Bella but a hurt Daniel Bryan came to save his wife. I still would have loved to see Paige beat Brie then Kane come out but we will see this match again soon. )

Match#8: Bad News Barrett vs. Rob Van Dam - Tournament Finals for the #1 Contender for the IC Title
Bad News Barrett - #1 Contender for the IC Title
(Ok so who figured this was going to be Cesaro's shot at a title? I did. Do I want to see BNB go for another IC title shot? Yes because at least he can carry it better and also can defend it better. Big E. is good but he is just another big man who Vince loves to see each week. )

Main Event: Randy Orton vs. Roman Reigns
Winner: No Contest
(I was more excited for the fight between Evolution and The Shield. This was not going to be a match but a brawl. I think seeing these men brawl to end the show was better than a clean ending. Also we need to see something to make sure people will buy the PPV on the WWE Network or the WWE App or even be cheap and go somewhere else to watch this PPV. So basically this match was the catalyst to more fights. )

Final Thoughts: Well I will admit this show was not boring but then again, the PPV is shaping to be more so a big WWE Raw show. I think it is sad that we got to see little men wrestle last week but we will get to see the same men fight at a PPV. I will admit that Paige is going to be buried at this PPV. Basically WWE is not trying too hard to make this a big PPV. WWE Extreme Rules PPV is suppose to be the one time that WWE allows hardcore but this is weak. I mean the really sad thing is seeing Damien Sandow become a total ass. He made me think about what WWE is going to do with him. The skit with him and Hugh Jackman with Dolph Ziggler was bullshit but it was to promote the X-Men movie and also make Sandow a shittier jobber than ADR. See you all for TNA Impact....







Gene The Grappler

No comments:

Post a Comment